19.0-Matrix Discussion

So I think you need to contact your “personal addon” developer to fix the addon. Copy add-ons from a old install is not a good idea. And the 120s get triggered when you personal do something wrong to the boot media.

How copying text files from a ssh console could be “doing personal something wrong”? Anyway, the “personal addon” was copied with no problems, the 120s got triggered after copying the “requests” python module, that exist in all my kodi installations and was not installed by me, including android and windows.

I think when you do not tell us your “personal addon” we will not be able to help you. Please ensure it’s not on this list:

It isn’t a public addon. It was made by me and only used by my kids to access their movies hosted in a VPS. Still needs to be adapted to kodi 19, tho.
default.py (9.8 KB)

In the meanwhile CoreELEC recovered the SD filesystem and everything seems to be working, so I guess I have a defective card.

PS: I think no one should be detective, policeman, moral advisor and judge at the same time. It’s not nice.

Kodi, and as an extension CoreELEC can’t be seen to provide support for any addons providing piracy content. The Kodi forums get people asking for support for broken piracy addons every day, if they provided support there would surely be legal ramifications, and their name would be dragged through the mud even more than it has been over the years. Not to mention they have no idea what the addon is or isn’t doing as they haven’t been involved in coding it. So you saying ‘personal addon’ arouses suspicions, and you can’t blame people for questioning it given the amount of piracy addons there are out there.

1 Like

I was hoping it would be the card but obviously not the case. I can only suggest that somebody with an Odroid N2 box tries to play back the file using CE19 and see if they can re-create it. I have no issues playing it with CE Matrix or CE Leia.

I can’t think of anything else to try. Maybe try downloading some more 4k HDR content and try to isolate if it is an HDR only problem.

I did try searching the forum and found this thread:-

Yours doesn’t sound like a hardware issue to me, but I have heard that quite a few people have had issues with the N2 HDMI port being “flakey”. As I said, your issue appears to be related to changes from v9.2.5 onwards, so I think a dev needs to re-create it on another N2 running CE19. If it plays back correctly for them, then it may be a funky weird hardware issue of some kind - even though that seems unlikely to be the cause.

Sorry FXB78, but I don’t see things that way. Nobody is a pirate until there are objective proof of that.
I understand that for legal reasons, and only for legal reasons, CE devs should be careful, and that’s it.

Anyway, my problem was not about any addon, was about a technical problem with CE installation.

And the" search.db "addon is also “pirated”?

is it possible to upgrade directly from 9.2.7(non-ng) to 19.x on a s905x box by just copying the .tar file and then reboot?

i just tried and looks like it’s not allowed. i just can’t seem to boot the new 19.x on this tx3. it gets stuck on coreelec logo. but new legacy 9.2.7 new install is working on the same sd card.

*update, it looks like I run into the same issue with s905x 1G not booting with -ng. I have 9.2.7 working perfectly on the internal flash, but booting the new -ng on SD card, and it just hangs on coreelec.

Do Matrix has evtest somewhere?

Install System tools addon from CoreELEC repo.

1 Like

Hello, first thank you for your help with this issue.
I am not giving up. What we know is that the last “no problem” version is CE 9.2.5, it’s a fact. And it points on upgrade changes are causing that, like you said.
But it can be hardware error too. And things are changing even when TV gets firmware updates.
I will try to narrow that on 4K HDR problem.
EDIT: And of course, it would be great if somebody try to reproduce that on Ondroid N2. Somebody more capable then me.

If you have any problem with a an addon or dependency you can post it, if you already posted please link it.
But keep in mind that not all addons have been ported to Matrix and to surpass any problem left by older installs we recommend a fresh install of Matrix.

Request for help from any Odroid N2 owners.

If you follow the posts and my replies to @viky808 issue playing back a 4k HDR, could any N2 Odroid owner download and test the following video using Matrix CE19 or Leia v9.2.6 or 9.2.7?

What @viky808 finds is that this plays back perfectly on CE v9.2.5, but on v9.2.6, 9.2.7 or CE19 the playback is really bad - completely unwatchable. These are vanilla installs. I cannot recreate the issue on my S905x2 or S905x3 box - plays back perfectly for all versions of CE. It’s just very weird that it’s broken in such a way post v9.2.5. It does not appear to be a hardware fault as, reinstalling CE v9.2.5 on the CE19 sd card “fixes” the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :+1:

PS. If you scroll through this thread, you will see where @viky808 has posted debug logs etc of when the issue occurs. The only thing I saw was a “timeout” message which led me to believe that the card was not fast enough as this file has bitrate of 60Mbps. However, it works perfectly on same sd card when v9.2.5 is installed.

1 Like

Download is not possible :woozy_face:

I’m using firefox and can download it ok. If you want I can upload it to my mega account and then provide a link?

Thx for your help.

There is a message from Google:
This file cannot be viewed or downloaded at the moment.

Too many users viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try to access the file again later. If the file is large or has a large number of people access to it, it can take up to 24 hours before you can view or download it. If you still cannot access the file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Ok. I’m downloading it now and will post a link when it’s uploaded - (might take while to upload).

Thx again.

download works here - when its done i am going to test this file on Odroid N2 and normal 1080p TV. Hope that helps.

Thanks - any help is welcome!! I think @viky808 has 4k tv - not sure if that’s important. Normally, you can find a reason as to why this is not working, but I’m stumped.