19.0-Matrix Discussion

We tried installing CE 9.2.5 on the card that currently had CE19 (and was giving the problems). When installing CE 9.2.5 on that same card, the playback was perfect. That suggests the card is not the problem?

This is plain wrong. The version of requests is the wrong one. There should be a more recent in CE19 but you need to update them. Also you need to fix your own addon. Since you are the maintainer you need to do this yourself.

As for the error this is due to filesystem corruption. Replace your SD card or USB whatever you use.

The version of requests is 2.22.0+matrix.1, and I think is the last one.
Yes, I need to fix the addon because it was done for python 2.7, but that’s not a problem.
And yes, I believe it’s a problem with the SD as corruption was detected twice in two days.
Now, what I still don’t know (and it’s probably linux related) is if we have any option to re-install boot in the card without full formatting? Just in case, as for now everything is working.
Just one more thing. May I backup the the full storage directory and restore it later in case of another filesystem corruption?
Thanks

/flash partition is the first one. You can reflash just that cause it’s fat32 even from windows. If you want to access /storage you need a linux system cause it’s ext4.

By booting from emmc (9.2.7) I have access to the card, as you correctly pointed a few days ago. Also I have access to the card from windows, using a ssh client (Bitvise SSH Client in my case). But how can I “reflash” just the /flash partition?

I have a problem with getting the wrong video output if the box doesn’t get EDID on boot. no problem on 9.2.5. detailed description here Matrix - wrong output mode set on boot
otherwise working well, thank you all!

This would be an advanced task. There is no easy to use script.

Just updated from CE19 stable to 19 Mar nightly (on my N2). Blank screen after boot (HardKernel logo appeared, then the screen flashed light blue, then sync seems lost, no picture).

dispinfo @ http://ix.io/2Tr0
dmsg @ http://ix.io/2Tr4

I rebooted via ssh and things were fine after that. After this reboot I took logs again:

dispinfo @ http://ix.io/2Tr0 (same URL as above so I assume that means it was same contents)
dmsg @ http://ix.io/2Trg

Box is connected to LG B8 via Yamaha amp, and UI was set to 4k.

Plays butter smooth here. Plays in 4K and triggers HDR. Mecool K1 Pro. Samsung 4K HDR TV. CE 9.2.7.

1 Like

@viky808 I do not have this problem I use the night version matrix, play from NAS

1 Like

@viky808 may be you missed my question.
Does it play normal if to try to play this sample from network or from some usb stick/drive?

I am sorry, I really missed that. When I play from NAS it’s still corrupted on CE9.2.6 and above.
On CE 9.2.5 playback from NAS is OK, it’s mounted via NFS.

Speaking about 9.2.5 vs 9.2.6 - 9.2.7 (as I think easiest would be catch this between 5-6/7, as matrix is another can of worms)
Can you try disable all CEC? I mean both CE settings, Kodi input, TV, AVR… Maybe you could atleast take out CEC related changes from equation… Second thing crossed my mind is ffmpeg bump in 2.6 (i think), not sure if /how it comes to play for 4k mkv…)

Hi, I am not sure if I fully understand what to disable, but I disabled CEC in:
Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals -> CEC Adapter
Settings -> CoreELEC -> Hardware -> CEC (all settings disabled)
AndroidTV Settings -> General -> EasyLink (CEC on Philips) -> turn off
And with no result, it’s still corrupted on playback.
I do not have AVR, HDMI goes from Odroid to TV.
I controlled CE by Minix remote, as my original TV remote stopped working.

There are no problems with the addon, but it is not updated automatically, only via the zip file. And on another device (desktop computer) with Matrix installed, it is updated automatically.

Hi did a clean install first to CE19 stable. Was previously using 9.2 w/o any problems for over a year. Unfortunately all of my videos are stuttering. Did now update to the latest nightly of CE19 and my Mecool KI Pro box still stutters on my videos…The videos are simple h264 videos with HD quality (1280x720). Tried to read around and find a solution but I got no luck now trying so hard for hours. Sorry got no logs atm for you. Anyone else have that issue on Mecool KI Pro? Any tip?

Hi guys! I’ve updated from 9.2.5 to 19-Matrix directly. Everything was smooth and seemed to be well. However, since doing that I have problems with libCEC on my LG TV (UN8500). When using 9.2.5 I ran on libCEC 4.0.7 which was build in already and never had those problems. Now with Matrix it was changed to libCEC 6.0.2 v5, because this version is now supported (it was not on Kodi 18).

The problem is that the CEC keeps kind of disconnecting every few seconds, then I’ll have to wait some seconds and then I can use CEC again for some seconds. When watching my LG’s “Home Dashboard” I can see that the connection seems aborting every time. The HDMI port is usually called like what I’ve configured in the CEC settings like “CoreELEC”. Whenever the connection is lost, it changes back to HDMI 3, then to “Recorder” (my Pioneer AV which is between both devices) and then back to CoreELEC. This happens several times per minute.
After deactivating CEC and rebooting CoreELEC this does not happen anymore but of course I wont be able to use CEC.

As you might have understood the connection is as follows:

LG TV : HDMI 3 -> Pioneer AV Receiver : Any HDMI -> Tanix TX5 Pro (905X Amlogic-ng)

Below you can find some debug information from libCEC, as I think this is the root cause and it has nothing to do with CoreELEC itself. Sure I can ask this question somewhere else, but my main question would be:

1. Is it possible to compile a Matrix-19 release with the old libCEC 4.0.7 version? Would that be compatible? I’ve no idea how to do that myself as the required dependencies are not included in the CoreELEC release, as I’ve seen.

2. Maybe someone know how to deal with it here anyway?

Here is something I’ve found from the libCEC logs. The numbers between 7xx and 8xx indicate the loss and reconnect probably. I understand this as time.

WARNING: [ 75804] FIXME: LG seems to have bugged out. resetting to ‘in transition standby to on’. the return button will not work

DEBUG:   [           74228]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> Broadcast (F): vendor id LG (e091)
TRAFFIC: [           74228]     << 1f:87:00:e0:91
DEBUG:   [           74229]     >> TV (0) -> Broadcast (F): device vendor id (87)
TRAFFIC: [           74410]     >> 01
DEBUG:   [           74410]     << POLL: TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1)
TRAFFIC: [           75442]     >> 01:8c
DEBUG:   [           75442]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> TV (0): vendor id LG (e091)
TRAFFIC: [           75442]     << 1f:87:00:e0:91
DEBUG:   [           75444]     >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): give device vendor id (8C)
TRAFFIC: [           75647]     >> 01:8f
DEBUG:   [           75647]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> TV (0): on
TRAFFIC: [           75647]     << 10:90:00
DEBUG:   [           75647]     >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): give device power status (8F)
TRAFFIC: [           75804]     >> 01:8f
WARNING: [           75804]     FIXME: LG seems to have bugged out. resetting to 'in transition standby to on'. the return button will not work
DEBUG:   [           75804]     Recorder 1 (1): power status changed from 'on' to 'in transition from standby to on'
DEBUG:   [           75804]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> TV (0): in transition from standby to on
TRAFFIC: [           75804]     << 10:90:02
DEBUG:   [           75805]     >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): give device power status (8F)
DEBUG:   [           75896]     Recorder 1 (1): power status changed from 'in transition from standby to on' to 'on'
TRAFFIC: [           75985]     >> 01:89:0b
DEBUG:   [           75985]     Recorder 1 (1): power status changed from 'on' to 'in transition from standby to on'
DEBUG:   [           75985]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> TV (0): in transition from standby to on
TRAFFIC: [           75985]     << 10:90:02
DEBUG:   [           75986]     >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): vendor command (89)
DEBUG:   [           76080]     Recorder 1 (1): power status changed from 'in transition from standby to on' to 'on'
TRAFFIC: [           88230]     >> 0f:87:00:e0:91
DEBUG:   [           88230]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> Broadcast (F): vendor id LG (e091)
TRAFFIC: [           88230]     << 1f:87:00:e0:91
DEBUG:   [           88232]     >> TV (0) -> Broadcast (F): device vendor id (87)
TRAFFIC: [           88413]     >> 01
DEBUG:   [           88413]     << POLL: TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1)
TRAFFIC: [           88506]     >> 01:89:0b
DEBUG:   [           88506]     Recorder 1 (1): power status changed from 'on' to 'in transition from standby to on'
DEBUG:   [           88506]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> TV (0): in transition from standby to on
TRAFFIC: [           88506]     << 10:90:02
DEBUG:   [           88506]     >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): vendor command (89)
DEBUG:   [           88598]     Recorder 1 (1): power status changed from 'in transition from standby to on' to 'on'

Hello, I made the logs for playback from different storage (NAS). First for CE9.2.5. (everthing ok), then for CE9.2.7. (playback is corrupted). No change in setup.
CE9.2.5
log: http://ix.io/2TwM
ce-debug: http://ix.io/2TwN
CE9.2.7
log: http://ix.io/2TwQ
ce-debug: http://ix.io/2TwS
Thank you for any help.

You log spammed with timeout error and decoder error.
Please increase putty(or your ssh application) buffer to save more data and run command journalctl -kf before video start and stop video after first issues.
After that please upload this output to see what happened in the beginning.

Don’t know ho to do this, I am making logs trought Settings → CoreELEC → System → Upload last log and configs, and view short url
ce-debug I run in Terminal Linux Mint