8.90.5 is the best version!

Indeed, if it was not the case of the 8.90.4 which was worse than the 8.90.3 on several points, there on the other hand, I think that this 8.90.5 is the best exit to date. for my use, in terms of stability we reached the level of a final version. Congratulations to the developers! I would like to know if other bugs encounters that I would not have seen yet? For the first time, I have the impression that we will finally be able to move towards feature additions and improvements rather than correction.

First bugs found :
Sftp sources and the other with the wait on network delay not working.

Absence :
HDR-HLG

1 Like

Yes, the last devels were already very good and 8.90.5 solved further problems for me. Very good release so far!

1 Like

But also 4K with HDR-HLG doesn’t work with Coreelec-8.90.5!
In the last LE-8.90.6 it works and also with the actually LE-9.0_nightly (but in this version you can not use LiveTV, because there are no actually PVR-Addons inside)!

And so I think there is still a lot of work for the devels to get a final version of CoreElec! :wink:

Paul

1 Like

4k HDR does work and PVR add-ons need to be downloaded, they have never been included on CE or LE.

1 Like

Testing it now and seems very stable after short trial. Channel switching in TVheadend seems slightly slower than in 8.90.2, but I could be imagining that.
Still not able to search within plugins, but I sense that this is because the plugins need updating to match latest functionality. This might keep me on 8.90.2 for the moment.

Shoog

1 Like

I don’t have any problems with Youtube, 1080p works great on CE 8.90.5

1 Like

No issues here with (1080p) youtube streams

I have ussues when jumping between profiles (just two, kids and parents)
Kodi freezes, and lost most ofsettings of second profile.

Also, image crashes when playing some mkv files after 2 or 3 minutes.

BR

Then open a thread in the correct category… inability to provide logs = no help given.

Could you share your settings pls :slight_smile:

Have to agree with the OP. It seems very stable. Big thanks.

No, you can use Google like the rest of us for wasting my time.

Yes, the “normal” HDR10 does work, but not the HDR-HLG what I mean!
This HDR-HLG is used by UHD broadcasting over sattelite.
You can test it with the free SES-UHD-Demo-Channel over Astra-19.2. This channel sends an UHD demo loop with HDR-HLG.

Paul

1 Like

As far as I know, HLG is still not supported in CE.
The hardware supports it, but the flag which has to be flipped in the SoC to enable HLG on the TV is not being triggered yet.

1 Like

TVheadend client will often show a connection error, complaining about incorrect configuration, at start up, but it almost always connects successful after about 30secs and all is subsequently well.

Shoog

Look. It didnt want to “waste your time”… i just wanted to make sure that you dont use like “special settings” to make it work as i tried many different settings and none worked so far, so i had hoped that you might have a settings comination which is different from the “usual one”.

1 Like

There is a couple of small issues that we have identified with 8.90.5, one being with sftp sources and the other with the wait on network delay not working, both will be fixed in the next version but neither should represent any major issue for anybody.

1 Like

Are you guys aware of any TVHeadend issues? Sometimes (after a long idle) when I try to play DVB-S channels I get the “No signal” error and it goes away after rebooting device.

One small thing I’m noticing using Tvheadend on DVB-T, is that the picture jerks quite a bit (lost frames) especially on panning shots. There appear to be no transport or continuity errors reported in Tvheadend. Don’t know whether this would be a fault in Kodi or Coreelec. And it was quite possibly the case in earlier versions, I may not have noticed it. Any ideas?

Possibly an issue with 24/25fps playback. A lot of European transmitters use this frame rate and it can cause issues if your system defaults to the wrong refresh rate (ie 60hz). If it is then its a long standing issue. Was a big problem on the early Leia builds for AML and it might have crept back.

Shoog

2 Likes