8.90.5 is the best version!

I think you’re right. Certainly changing the refresh rate to 50Hz seems to resolve the problem in Live TV. But If I use 50Hz on movies then they’re jerky. If I switch back to 59.9Hz then the movies are fine.

1 Like

The Kodi v18 code base does seem to be maturing and the Alphas are getting better but as with all things it will just take time before things are perfect, remember Rome was not built in a day.

2 Likes

yes but the Freebox V7 arrives … And it could concern other countries than France.

@Bonzo, looks like you forgot to choose all desired resolutions/refresh rates in WhiteList option
And of course “Adjust display refresh rate” must be enabled.

1 Like

Ah! Well done, the penny has dropped! What I hadn’t realised is that you actually had to select the whitelist options. I thought they were all active. Thank you very much.

1 Like

My personal recommendation, for people who’s LiveTV is 50Hz (myself included), is to set the GUI to 50Hz refresh rate, that way you’ll only switch refresh rates when you watch movies\series, or the occasional 60FPS video.

1 Like

yes, moreover this point should be clarified.

This point has been clarified many times over.
In addition, this is a Kodi thing, CoreELEC has nothing to do with it. And on a personal note, most of us don’t even like it at all.

1 Like

Yes. I must admit I should have followed the whitelist discussion more closely. It’s all in there.

cleared at the interface, in Kodi, not on the forums … I’m not saying that it comes from CE.

1 Like

I agree, but you’d have to discuss that with Kodi devs.

1 Like

This thread has wandered from the point of the OP and become a place to dump issues instead of creating a thread in the relevant category

1 Like