9.0.2 Discussion

Addon’s issue should be fixed, we have made changes server side for anybody who had issues downloading them.

I’ve just done a fresh install of 9.0.2-stable (after your last post) and am still getting failed installs (of dependencies for ozweather for example).
Do we still need to do the sql update stuff, and/or delete the addons27.db file?
EDIT: So I tried the SQL and delete, which made little difference at first, but after 10 mins it magically started working (install of Ozweather). Weird.

@nd299, there are no reasons to use any higher than 8-bit if you can’t play HDR content. And remember that if the source is 8 or 10 bit, you won’t get “better visuals” with a 12-bit encode.

The only reason for why ppl encode files which is 8-bit to 10-bit HEVC is that the HEVC codec is more efficient with 10-bit than 8-bit, yet you only save disk space. The visual quality will always decrease with encoding.

Multiple IR remote configs (Kypton amremote style) stopped working. Only one can be used.

What does not work? What was working before? remote.config? dmesg log?
We need more information as there where no changes since 7. march.

@Alex maybe your issue is the same as this one? Remote issues

1 Like

There’s something wrong with playback. It stutters when playing at 50 Hz even though it should be butter smooth.
Second thing is still unstable boot when installed to internal.
I really don’t get it guys. Why are so stubborn?
Why spending money on ultra fast SD card when there’s buil in flash drive inside the box?
And your argument is to keep Kodi as close as possible to original.
Well, that’s just stupid. It’s an open source software and you already made some changes by adding things like OC, forcing 8 bit depth and so on.
Please fix the unstable boot from internal.
Sometimes it boots fast and without problems and sometimes it freezes and restets the box.
But more important is choppy playback.
9.0.1 plays fine.

We don’t get why you report problems and give no basic details or logs? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

@anon88919003 I don’t use meson-ir
@Portisch If you have multiple remote*.config files, only last one (sorting by file name) is loaded.
Using unloaded remotes causes Wrong custom code is 0xXXXXXXXX in dmesg.
Command
remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf
just does a replacement.
Configuration files haven’t сhanged since Krypton.
9.0.1 doesn’t have this issue

I have the same problem as Alex.
After install of 9.0.2 second remote not working.
My box is Beelink mini iii. Boxes remote works
but now the logitech remote will not work anymore.
Worked fine with previous install 9.0.1
This is using Amremote config files in root directory.

I don’t understand this issue correct. As I know the script search for remote.conf and load it with remotecfg. But only this single file. Also when remotecfg is reading the file and transfer the settings to Amlogic remote driver all others get cleared before. So they will not work at the same time. Or do I missing here something?

Edit: @alex @kiarod I checked the script and it really loads all found remote*.conf.
But before loading the new file the old get cleared.

So how it was before at 9.0.1? Where both remote working at the same time without changing anything on the remote.conf files? Please give me your remote config files too!

@Portisch
At 9.0.1 both remotes were working at the same time. I can’t remember anything specific for using them simultaneously when I prepared configs.
I see factory_infcode = 1 in my secondary conf file, but I think it’s useless.
remote.conf (2.2 KB)
remoteoriginal.conf (1.9 KB)

Edit
See this post: Krypton style IR remote configuration is back!

@alex SSH to your device and type remoteinfo and paste the link, thanks.

Try to add factory_infcode = 0 in your remote.conf. In remoteoriginal.conf it is factory_infcode = 1 - leave this as it is. I am not sure, but this parameter set the “remote number”. When it is the same in the config files the remote will be overwritten.

You can also combine the remote files to one remote.conf like this example:

Use the custom_begin/custom_end labels to seperate the different remotes.

@Portisch
Adding factory_infcode didn’t help. But combining two remote files to one remote.conf is working.
I prefer separating the remote files, because I use the similar remotes on 2 devices and it’s more convenient to maintain one file and share it.

@anon88919003
http://ix.io/1JzS

@alex by that log you only have 1 remote.conf?

Will try this out myself tonight and see if I can reproduce it

Here are my remote configs. Both remotes workremote.conf (1.8 KB)
remotesecond.conf (2.6 KB)
I have gone back to 9.0.1 and this is what remote info gives me http://ix.io/1Jzq

@anon88919003
No, two files - remote.conf and remoteoriginal.conf
remoteoriginal.conf was actually loaded

@alex we found the cause of it, ashame nobody gives us feedback on the nightlies because the offending change has been in them for over 2 months, it would have prevented this issue and others.

1 Like

Hi,

I upgraded from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2 just fine (installed on SD Card), however bluetooth no longer works and so my Harmony Hub Remote can no longer be used.

When i go to the CoreElec settings it says “No Bluetooth Adapter Found”. If I reboot off the internal eMMC to Android, the bluetooth is all working fine.

I have updated uboot.bin in the passed to support the H96 Pro+ power/hibernate function. Will I need to update uboot.bin again?

The normal IR remote that came with the device works fine.

Thanks