9.0.2 Discussion

@Portisch That would be great. Thanks.

No time sync after reboot or cold boot with 9.0.2. If i test with “Wait for network” are the same, no time sync.

Any solution?

@Portisch Tested two remotes and working again. Thank you for your help.

@Portisch Remotes are working as before. Thanks

I’m not sure if the following problem is already known, but I couldn’t find anything about it. I’ve installed CE 9.0.2 on my ODROID C2 a couple days ago. I have 2 Hauppauge WinTV-DualHD DVB sticks connected to it.

Generally everything works really reliable. I use tvheadend and TBS drivers (since the ones from media_build don’t work correctly, at least with those sticks).

While watching live TV (tested with mpeg2, h264 and h265), as soon as I enable any kind of an OSD overlay, eg. channel’s EPG (KEY_I), codec info (KEY_O) or channels’ list, a strange hiccup starts after a few seconds. The picture starts to blur and pauses sometimes, sound breaks quite often too.

I’ve tried different settings available in Kodi and it seems, that everything works OK only if the HW-support for amcodec is disabled.

Please note: the problem occurs only while watching the live TV on the C2 with visible overlays. After hiding them, it disappears.
Recordings or any other video files are played without any problem (with visible OSD overlays of course). I’m even able to watch the same channels from the C2’s tvheadend on my RPi 3 under the current xbian and Kodi 18.2 or stream them to a video player (VLC) on my PC w/o any problems. But as soon as the live TV is played on the C2 and the OSD overlays are visible, all of the clients (1 or more, it doesn’t matter), playing any channel from an arbitrary MUX, start to show a similar hiccup as the C2: picture and sound distortions, pauses and buffering can be seen, the streaming sometimes even stops completely.

I checked shortly the current nightly build (20190523) too and could reproduce there the symptoms described above as well. Is there anything I’m missing? My settings seem to be pretty default.

Lasts nighty builds are fine on my c2. Everything is ok Thank you.

Any luck with your H96 Pro+ and Bluetooth remote? Thanks.

Still searching. The problem seems to be the hci UART connection to the external BT module.

Could somebody with a DVB tuner and preferably an ODROID C2 please check this? I can’t imagine I’m the only one affected :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Ah ok. Is it easy to downgrade to 9.0.1 again in the mean time?

Just drop the 9.0.1 tar in the update folder and reboot.

Please try tomorrow the next nightly. I fixed a communication problem with the external bluetooth module.
Now BT is enabled every time on reboot/power up for me if BT is enabled in CE settings.

1 Like

Hello rmm… I confirm this. The problem appaers also on ip stream on replay tv. I thought last nightly builds were better but i finally revert back to 9.0.1 on my two c2s

@Meeuuh92: Thank you for the confirmation. I’m “glad” it’s not only me. Is 9.0.1 also affected, or that’s why you returned to it?

Could you try enable debug, reproduce problem and send here pastebin URL to log? I cant test it unfortunatelly :frowning:

No, on 9.0.1 Video playback work as bebore (very well).

The download helper tells us to copy the .tar file into the .update folder but I can’t find any .update folder on my Sd Card…or should I just create it?

Using your PC you can access you box with file explorer using \\your.box.ip and you’ll find the update folder.

1 Like

Mine shows up no problem in File Explorer -> Network so I just click on it there, saves some hassle especially since the IP can change being on DHCP.

Also can use the box name for SSH from Windows, for example the netbios name (computer name) for my box is “odroid” so I can just do “ssh root@odroid” rather than “ssh root@its_IP_address”. Again saves the trouble of dealing with a dynamic IP. Thanks go to Windows netbios over TCP/IP in providing that function.

Its better to allocate fixed IP addresses to your media boxes. This is an easy setting in Coreelec settings addon under Internet interfaces. This is especially true if you are running a TVheadend server for remote boxes.

Shoog