9.2.1 Discussion

If the log is too big then it will fail, you have to reboot, reproduce issue and then produce the debug log, this will minimise it’s size and also make it easier to read.

WOL on Odroid N2 seems to be broken since the 9.2.1 update ! Do you have the same issue ?

9.2.1 download and install, working fine. android s905x x96 xgody box.
strange in the menu coreelec updates dosesn’t show. All 9 versions except the current 9.2.1.
Otherwise all good.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve always had that option turned off (as well as Sync playback to display) on both CE and Android version of KODI.

10 posts were split to a new topic: Update notifications

Do you have a sample on that this issue can be always repeated?

No, I don’t. I have to revert to 9.2.0 and do not have a chance to check it again. It was ordinary .mkv files - by the Synology NAS by the nfs share. When I unpause video sound begins immediately but video starts after maybe 3-5+ seconds. Video and audio stay synced. In 9.2.0 video and audio starts together.

@boot2k3 and @victprDUA: I have this exact same issue.
Happens on all my MKV’s, wether it’s something smaller like a series episode or a Blu-ray remux.

Files comes from SMB shared on a FreeBSD ZFS server. SMB shares are mounted using scripts.

How would you like a sample?

1-2 minutes sample on that I can repeat it always… You can share it somewhere and send a link in private message
I can repeat once on my samples but not another 10 attempts… So it takes a lot of time to find where it started…

This is new to me, but do you want a 1-2 minute MKV sample or a youtube movie?
My movies are between 15 and 40GB large and I don’t have software to edit them.

You can cut a sample from a large MKV with mkvtoolnix (https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html).

I have the same issue on pause on both h264 and h265 but it is inconsistent. It does not happen on all files but it does happen. I’ll try and find out what files cause it consistently.

Got the same 4x screen cropping issue as everyone else when playing 4K. Turned off the “scale UI option” on my ODroid-N2 and the problem went away.

If you follow instructions posted many times correctly then you do not need to turn the option off and can run with a true 4K UI with no glitching.

If you prefer a stretched UI and glitching then sure just disable the option.

Adam, I did read through most of the posts in this thread, although with close to 100 posts I may have missed something. It looks like the two solutions suggested are either editing the XML file (but what values should I put in?) and using the overscan correction function and redoing it at each resolution.

Are either, or both, the preferred solution? I also read that the UI scaling was put in for non-ODroid-N2 v12 devices which didn’t have the horsepower to handle a true 4K UI, but that it technically wasn’t needed for ODroid-N2.

Might I humbly suggest you sticky something/put it on the website since this is a problem that everyone will run into sooner or later.

PS: As I’m writing this, I also see this:

I’ll run that. Thanks. Still have question about the scaling option. It’s technically not needed for the ODroid, correct?

It’s only a problem if users have configured overscan settings which nobody should need to do any way, the picture size is set incorrectly on your TV if you need to change them configure overscan.

This also only affects ng builds.

All you have to do is stop Kodi and remove the over scan settings from guisettings.xml and start Kodi again, the end result is worth doing on an N2 as you get a true 4K GUI and not a stretched 1080p GUI.

Hey! Many thanks for you awesome work on Coreelec, it’s truly awesome! However after upgrading to 9.2.1 from 9.0.3 I have an issue that after resuming playback after I paused, the picture is frozen for maybe 5-6 seconds, then it resumes. I have a Minix U9H.

2 Likes

@e2zippo, we know about this issue.
It’s in our todo list.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for the fast reply!

I deleted the resolution sections in guisettings.xml but when the “disable scaling” option was checked it would still repopulate with the full resolutions section in guisettings.xml. Only when I disabled that option would it then repopulate with in the guisettings.xml. Thankfully having only seems to have no ill effects both disable scaling is checked and unchecked.