9.2.4.2 Discussion

Thanks a lot for your hard work! CE keeps getting better and better.

FWIW I did not experience that problem. Just updated from 9.2.35 to 9.2.4 on my N2 box and “adjust display refresh rate” stayed set to “On Start / Stop”.

i upload tar ng version on my X96 MAX, all updated fine, first boot, coreelec logo and black screen :slight_smile: my x96 max is dead :slight_smile: cant turn it on what the hell is happening?

I have a K1 Pro (905D) with CE “installed to internal” for centuries and all updates were automatic with no problems at all.
Should I be worried this time?

Maybe its not connected with update, just my bad luck. I have CE installed on sd card, but now i cant turn on my device :slight_smile: power adapter its oki

You need to set a remote wake up code in config.ini for wake up

But why android not working, after i remove sd card? AV hidden button dont do anything too :slight_smile:

I had this happen to me during testing on a K1 Pro.

Take out the sd card and plug power in after 5 minutes so to see if Android boots.
It should boot eventually.

If it boots. Then insert the sd card whilst android is still running.
@skupi Then reboot. POWER OFF then POWER ON
Hopefully it works.

I have this in my log and i can’t Update.
I have s905x.
2020-08-09 09:47:50.724 T:3011904384 WARNING: ## CoreELEC Addon ## oe::download_file(https://releases.coreelec.org/CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.4.tar, /storage/.kodi/temp/update_file) ## ERROR: (UnicodeDecodeError(‘ascii’, '\xd0\x98\xd0\xbc\xd1\x8f \xd1\x84\xd0\xb0\xd0\xb9\xd0\xbb\xd0\xb0: ', 0, 1, ‘ordinal not in range(128)’))

I tried everything. I changed power adapter, use button for 20-50s, wait without power supply whole night :slight_smile: my device is dead looks like, but i have no idea why just after update. As i said update went fine, but after coreelec logo first run all switched off and now is dead :slight_smile:

Do you have enough space left on your storage partition?
It could also be a faulty download. What happens, if you manually download the tar file to your /storage/.update/ folder and reboot your box?

Sorry i just read post above the other one you posted.
Mine did not carry out the update.
It rebooted to black screen.
Different symptom.
My update proceeded after the black screen when it booted Android
then powered off and on after that.

You need Amlogic Burning Tool
Burn the Android image for your box.

Only thing you can try.

I have the same problem - t95q

TR99 X2 (S905X2 / 2G) here, also dead after the update… Was booting from SD, Android was on eMMC, but it’s not going there.

I have two 922 Boxes , everything is ok
But the other two 905 X2 Boxes are dead after update
Arm Burning tool dont work anymore
i think the problem is the bl 301 blob on X2 Boxes
If the bl 301 blob is activated the X2 Boxes crashes
Please be carefull

@relkai you guys should revert the update before more boxes go face down…

Yes i have bl301 activated :frowning: so its update fault :frowning:

bl301 injection brings always a risk. There is also a warning.

Sure, playing with not official software is always risk, that way i use sd card :slight_smile:

Well, that didn’t help here did it? I also had my CoreELEC on SD and the box is dead after the update.