A couple words of appreciation to the CoreELEC team

Hi,
I recently have been using a media player from a company called zidoo that advertises itself as a Dolby Vision player. Yes, DV is cool, looks great. But these Android boxes are such a pain for daily use. Slow, slugish, each firmware version introduces new problems. I cannot take it anymore, so I have jumped over to N2 with CoreELEC. And I felt like home again. It is like a night and day difference. It is such a great media player. Thank you very much CoreELEC team!

I wish someday we will be able to use DV (or something which is called VS10 engine) with CoreELEC…

7 Likes

Full ACK!

I enjoy and appreciate your hard voluntary work each and every day. I too have a N2 and paired with CoreELEC it‘s plain awesome.

Glad you stepped up, @sojer2005. We tend to forget that these guys working there a**es off for free and in their spare time.

Thank you, CE team and I hope you continue your efforts!

3 Likes

Fully agree. I’ve been using CoreELEC since it first started. The team has focussed on value add features and flexibility to the end user which makes it very feature rich. The product functions across a wide diversity of device types in a high quality and consistent manner which is more than representative of that which a much larger organisation would produce.
If the mainline kernel ever reaches parity with base functionality, it would still require a CE overlay to attain the usability that we have today.

1 Like

what I luv most is the support from the Dev,that was the deciding factor on me choosing the n2 over beelink gt pro/ugoos am6,the other 2 are good boxes with ugoos having the better fw support,but coreelec is amazing,its a very light os and only 150-200mb in size so it’s not taxing like android on the cpu,I think that’s why it feels like it’s as fast as my Intel pc running kodi,this light os is getting every bit of power from the cpu,my box has been 100% solid since day one and ive not had a single problem with it,it plays everything,can’t wait till they launch the n3 with amologic a76,that beast will fly

Ever since i discovered CE (or before that, OE, LE were OK as well) i can breath again :wink: No Android here anymore other than on a phone.

Coreelec is a fantastic project with really skilled devs which made me order some Odroid fun, excellent!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.