Amlogic S905X2

I need a dmesg log from Android on the 2GB model, maybe it will clear things up in regards to the VFD.

X96 Max 2/16 u211
dmesg_logcat.rar (141.6 KB)

Next time you can use dmesg|paste and copy the link here.

Thanks. Looks like this box uses a vfd configuration that is hard coded in the firmware.
Can you grab the output from cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio in Android? It should grab output the GPIO pins used by different modules, including the module name.
The vfd module will have vfd in its name, like vfdtest and there should be 3 pins listed in total.

1 Like

Sorry but I’m don’t have 2/16 u211 but I can to ask who did this log

That would be great.

Invited here dark army from 4PDA :smile:

I have a X96 Max 4/64 and 1 gibt ETH.
The WiFi is only working on 2.4GHz band and the ETH interface is only working at 100 Mbps.
Is there any advice for this?
Thanks a lot.

Did you use the 1gbit DTB? Ethernet should work OK at 1gbit, unless you have a faulty device.
Or you may need to replace the ethernet cable, or try to connect it to a different router/switch.

Thanks,
Yes that’s the dtb I’m using, I’ll try with the latest nightly shortly.

Thx for new CE update team
I notice one very strange thing after updating to the last build:

• after returning to android network lan just disappeare , i was omg another failed part :smiley:
  • i re-flash android build and everyhting was fine lan connection was Up.
  • after procedure to boot in CE , again i reboot to emmc/nand and again same no network lan
  • Wired Lan ) in CE is connected and working

Wifi connection is ok ( Android ) , also like info when i try to recovery or reset to factory Android network Lan was still missing , only when i re-flash lan was up

Have you tried remove card, unplug and plug in has the same behavior (no lan)?

Just make a test , with removed card is ok

Hello,

I have x96 max 4/32 1Gbit v311, all working using the nightly 20190731 but:
Ethernet , I need it to reliably have a file server, I log in via ssh/sftp and dropouts occur, it’s completely useless. Using wifi is all ok.
Checked ethtool , 1000Mbps duplex linked.
The strangest is that in Android 9 Ethernet runs fine (tested with speedtest 200down100up, youtube).
Same cable, same router…

@TheCoolest : how to get grab the output from cat / sys / kernel / debug / gpio in Android. Can you guide me? I have the x96 max device 2g / 16. I used “es explorer” but didn’t know how.

terminal by Jack Palevich
su
echo | cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio > /sdcard/gpiolog.txt

1 Like

@TheCoolest, @as_id so must root the device, right?

X96Max2/16gpio.zip (366 Bytes)

Thanks. It’s unclear to me which pins are driving the VFD on this box.
The configuration is hardcoded right into the source code, if I understand it correctly. Therefore, it’s next to impossible to know which GPIO pins are used by the vfd. I can’t even find a vendor to ask for this question.