Beelink GT1 Mini & CoreELEC, No USBv2 Port

Upgrade to CoreELEC 9.2.3 still does not help. :frowning:

One of you guys might have to upload the Android dtb on the latest firmware.

No getting excited but it wont hurt for a Dev to look at it if someone can supply it.

I did not find any file with dtb extension or with the name dtb.img on the device. Would you be so kind and tell me a little bit more about where can I find this dtb? Thanks.

You can download the whole image from the link in my previous post.

Use “Search” icon or if that is a to big task look at this topic

Not sure if it’s related but of the original GT1 Mini line there are several different ones, I have Amlogic S905X2 and that uses firmwares for (SN: 95X2). Then you have Beelink GT1 mini② boxes, that I believe so far just the initial release.

Nothing in the latest firmware that’s noted, relating to USB changes, improvements. However It shouldn’t be since under Android both USB ports are functional with GT1 Mini initial line, for mine with SN: 95X2.

THX. Here is the file attached. dtb.bibe (256 KB)

No update on this issue? Will this be remain unresolved forever? Just say if it does, because if none of the devs are addressing any attention to it, than we wouldn’t wait hopelessly till eternity… Thanks.

1 Like

Yesterday I installed on Beelink GT1 mini 2/32 gb Kodi RC1 (clean install, android 9). Port usb 2 works.
I updated today Coreelec 19 Matrix at last nightly, port usb 2 not works. you can fix the error?
I use g12a_s905x2_2g_1gbit.dtb from Generic. Thanks.

Please make a dtb dump by this cmd:
dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/downloads/dtb.img.gz

Than attach this dtb.img.gz please, thx

Please instructions? How to do it?

By a SSH connection. The download folder should be visible on Samba share. Please use the the forum search about how to make a dtb dump, thx.

Latest 9.2 nightly - usb 2 not works.

dtb.img.gz (219.6 KB)

Did USB2.0 work before with CoreELEC?
Like with 9.2? Or only in Android?

Can you please try this dtb? Replace you dtb.img by this one:
g12a_s905x2_2g_1gbit.dtb (66.5 KB)

I tried coreelec before (version I do not know ) - usb 2 not working. On android (8.1 and 9) no problem.
Now i use last 9.2 nightly + your file - usb2 not working

Can you somehow measure the 5V on the USB port?
Or you have any USB device with LED what will show if the port do have power? If yes please tell me exactly when it do have power. Right after DC power in and also after booting?

@pepek33 or try to charge your phone or any other USB chargeable device on the port that doesn’t appear to work. All we need to know is if the port receives power or not. Thank you.

@pepek33 I moved the posts about the issue out in here.

Can you please test if there is power on the USB ports? If yes the usb chip maybe needs a reset.

No one of the team or tester have such device and we have no information about what’s is missing.

I’m using latest CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.5-Generic Stable and only the one USB port is powered up, this is the USB blue coloured port and because GT1 Mini device I have has the USB ports incorrectly coloured… means it’s only USB v2 that is functioning.

Trying to use the other port, with receiver or USB storage devices, not powered up nor detected via CoreELEC.

Yes Storage devices with LED support, never the LED lits up when plugged into the USB v3 port… Regardless if plugging in once CoreELEC is booted or plugged in and rebooting CoreELEC. There is never power to that USB port, no LED on storage device ever lit up.