Boot error since CE 8.90.3

Yeah i know it’s easy to provide some logs and i know no logs no problem.
Just do a couple of reboots and you could see it by your self.
You don’t need to do a houdini with your magic glass ball.

I’ve just done 10 reboots without a single issue.

This was with the S905 8.90.4 clean install to internal, no microSD inserted and no external devices connected.

I will try on a clean SD card later and an S912 box and see if there is any issue.

Without a way to reproduce it or any error logs this issue will not be resolved.

Are you using an odroid C2 installed with an emmc?

I’ll send a log tomorrow.

Thank you for trying.:smiley:

No the Odroid C2 is 1 device I don’t have.

After 5! times plugging and unplugging power I had a clean boot and root acces so I could retreive the kodi.old.log file.

See: OLD.LOG

Also my CoreElec logo in settings has disappeared?

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I need the dmesg log as those are kernel errors.

As for your theme issue it’s the exact same as others.

I provided you my logs via private message. The data is available as zip file within the log folder. Could you tell if you require more than this?

@rosenrot please provide your files in the thread in future so other developers can look at them as well but secondly thanks for providing these

it looks like an issue with your sdcard there is numerous errors which probably explains why I was unable to reproduce it as I have been booting from internal

the fact that multiple people are getting this error is suspicious though, I will look into it more

-edit: I may have found the cause, will know more later once building finishes.

@anon88919003 I was thinking the SD card is the issue as well. However, it only occurred after 8.90.3, where a new kernel was introduced. Also other people facing it at the same time. And third, it is likely to appear with a higher chance after pulling the power cord.

An easy check would be to go back to 8.90.2 and pull the power cord 10 times. If it starts 10/10 without issue, I would have to tell sorry to my SD card for not trusting it :wink:

Test build available here, let me know if this fixes the issue.

Please note running devel builds will mean you will not receive updates until you flash an official release again.

Sorry not to fully supply you with what you need.

http://ix.io/1f4K

Edit: did this help @anon88919003

You want me to test this as well? I have a second C2 which I can use for testing. (Different memcard tho)

I will test this evening! Thanks a lot @anon88919003

Please just test and report back.

Tested, by visual I would say it gives the exactly same error

Make sure it updated properly because from initial testing I couldn’t see any errors in dmesg

Is this test also fir odroid C2?

No its for S905 only

It did update. Shows devel version on the upper-left corner.

Please provide dmesg again after updating and when you see this error