Cant connect with putty

Every TV needs some time to switch the resolution and refresh rate.
So if your GUI is set to 1920x1080@50 and you watch a movie with 1920x1080@24, then your TV shows you a black screen until the change was successful. Some TVs take more time for this than others.
In Settings > System > Display you will also find an option named “Delay in Playback on refresh rate change”, where you can configure the time your TV needs for this switch in seconds (just play around with it to find the right time).
Kodi will just wait this long until it starts the playback.

Regarding internal installs:
There are safe and supported methods and unsafe and unsupported methods to accomplish it.
Since you didn’t mention, which device you are using, I can’t say for sure if the safe method is supported by your device.

well it is a clean instalation only problem is as above 4k movie sound starts immediately but the video plays after 8 to 10 seconds but when it runs it is ok
and thums are loading very slow so that the question couldt it be a bad sd card or is it better to install

well i have a
mecool m8s pro l with 3gb ram and 16gb memory kodi works in android but i like coreelec more and think its better so i dont need android only kodi so if i brick the box it isnt bad can you tell me the command to put it on internal. i will try it after i playd with the settings you set about delay in playback thanks

For what it’s worth, I also have a mecool m8s pro L 3/16, and I’ve done both, installtointernal and on sd card, and haven’t noticed a difference. After putting it on the emmc, I reflashed the android firmware back to it and put coreelec on an sd card. As far as I can tell it runs the same.

Okay, this is a gxm device (s912), which isn’t officially supported by ceemmc.
I would rather search for a faster uSD card. As others already pointed out, the performance is almost the same.
If you still want to install to internal and your device is bricked afterwards or somethings else isn’t working anymore, please don’t expect any support by CE team.

ok how did you reflasched it to android because the box has no reset button second question witch sd card do you have

To flash a new firmware, you repeatedly press the “menu” button to the lower-left of the blue OK button, the one with 3 horizontal lines. You keep pressing that while you connect the power cable.

I’m using a sandisk 32gb sd card. If you think the sd card might be bad, you can try a usb flash drive, too. I’ve also installed it to a 32gb sandisk flash drive before, too.

i will try to copy the files from the sd card to the usb card hope coreelec will start from usb disk.
installing from usb disk didnt work thats why i used the sd card

I think you have to install the coreelec image using rufus, following the directions. I don’t think just copying the files will do it.

You’ll also need to press the menu button while it starts up during the coreelec install.

well that dosnt work i cannot install coreelec from usb disk
even if i use tempux give the command reboot update it will not install only from sd card
i dont know why this happens used both the usb ports

well i did got it to work from usb stick david you were wright i had to use rufus
it isnt much faster on usb stick , the strange thing is if i play the same movie in android version of kodi the movie start straight away i tried to set de delay time in coreelec delay settings to 10 seconds but still the same it takes about 10 seconds even more to start the picture the sound is running
straight away so what can i do to fix this thanks for your patience with me all of you

I’m using a 1080P display, so it might be a little different with 4K. I know the framerate switching on the display was annoying enough that I disabled it so everything is output at 1080P/60.

For Kodi running on android, where you don’t have the problem, is it also switching the framerate? Does the screen blackout for a moment before playing?

Most Android versions have problems switching the refresh rate.
That might be the reason, why you don’t see this delay there.

But please keep in mind: This is a feature, not a problem.
Without refresh rate switching you will notice a lot of juddering while watching most video files and streams.

thats why i want to it run on coreelec
but i still have it good to work today suddenly i had no remote working anymore put the wright files in coreelec again did not work i dont know why this happens so i have to install it again again i keep trying till it works i keep you updated

well finaly figured it out install again en then set everything just the way i liked it
put some addons on it and installinternal made a back up on sd [well installinternal ] did that so i dont know if i have to leave the sd card in or not
second thing i noticed is when i playing a 4k movie with hdr it take long to switch to the wright frame rate
and if the 4k movie has no hdr it play immediately maybe this movie is not real 4k i dont know but for me its ok now
i am happy with coreelec thanks to everione for helping me

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.