CE 19 with working DVB-S2

I there actually a Box out there with amlogic-ng support + working internal DVB-S2 tuner ?

I have a K1 Pro (S905D) working fine with CE19 and I a few time ago it was still on sale in some chinese sites (maybe geebuying). Not cheap tho

And SoC type GXL S905D is outdated as well and maybe not supported by the upcoming Amlogic 5.4 kernel anymore. So please avoid buying a dying horse.

Search the forum and you will see anyone recommend to implement SAT>IP as alternative as all DVB issues are solved than.

1 Like

Yes, it’s expensive and support soon to be dropped by CE team, as all DVB-S stuff.
So for me (SAT user) the future will be boxes with enigma2 and a system to distribute sat signal (sat>ip, lnb unicable, whatever) to the LAN made up by some cheap linux boxes with kodi. Investing in a new box for CE is useless imho.

CE is the best way to run cheap Android boxes, better than Kodi on Android by a long mile. If you need SAT then a box which puts SAT > IP onto the LAN is the way to go, then your cheap front end box can use the SAT > IP signal for a TVHeadend server. A good SAT > IP source will last a long time as its not doing a difficult job and so can be low spec and never needs upgrading, and this leaves you to upgrade your CE box as the need demands (ie when new formats are introduced).

Shoog

hello. I have a KII PRO (S905D) with Coreelec matrix and tvheadend running to watch sat channels, but it crashes often and the system is not very smooth due to limited hardware. Could I use the KII PRO as a sat ip server and have corelec with tvheadend on another more powerful device without tuners as a client to watch satellite channels?

Yes I would imagine that would work well. Its always better to have your TVHeadend server on a seperate box to your client front ends.

Shoog

If you install the addon minisatip you can pass the tuners to another device. So you can try both solutions. Use it directly as t headend server (should be powerful enough) or pass the tuners to other device with minisatip.

I have the minisatip addon installed on the kii pro but I don’t know how to use it. Does the second device (client) need to be coreelec? or can it be a smartphone with kodi and tvheadend htps client installed?

The addon only passes you tuner as satip to other tvh server. You still need the tvh server in another device.

Its my opinion that your server side should be separate from your clients.

SAT>IP is a standard which means that anything which has a SATIP client can receive your servers feed and control the tuner, however its been my experience that there are no good SATIP android clients (maybe some of the paid apps might be better) so getting your phone to work with it might be problematic.

Shoog

Hello again. I have been doing tests and I have managed to transmit the signal from my kii pro with mini sat ip. I have installed coreelec in my laptop with i7 7700hq processor and the truth is that kodi works like a shot, but I don’t want to use my laptop for streaming on TV. I have been looking at mini pcs with windows and there are some beelink with intel celeron N5095 processor and 8gb ram with an affordable price. Would this processor be enough to use kodi for 4K movies without any problem?

It would be nice if the MeColl K5 is working with DVB-S2 cause its a very cheap and extremely powerfull box. Performance between S912 and S922X.

I know AFL1 is lost forever. Hope someone other to find. Its still the same tuner on the K5 as KI - KIII. And S905X3 is also supported. Maybe someone can merge KII Pro and K5 DTBs together

It´s a dead horse without any developer.
Best choice is using SAT>IP or like me a dream box sat-receiver

I also use SAT-IP signal from the deco linux enigma2 to the Odroid N2 Plus, it works fine but what doesn’t work this way is the motorized parabolic option.

cant open this image… maybe someone can extract me the dtb file

i have extracted the dtb and converted it to dts

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.