CEC Wakeup Problem

Please check if it does not wake up when it should not, thx!

works as expected (wakeup/sleep), will switch to regular nightly this evening.
but i have another problem, since a couple of weeks. maybe you can tell me if this is a bug or a configuration thing.
when i press a key on the remote, sometimes it takes a couple of seconds(!) until kodi reacts. and sometimes, i press only once, but the action happens twice.
i could provide logs if required

The nightly are not including the wake up fix.
On start if Kodi or after resume it takes some time re-init the CEC connection. This is Kodi and/or libCEC related.

And after a while it’s also here that the first button press looks like ignored. The second push will be handled by Kodi. I didn’t checked if it get then executed twice.
Maybe this is a Kodi issue. Like the first push is a “wake up” Kodi from screen saver like it does if no video playback for a while.

today i clicked about 5 times (changing channel in iptv), then after about 5 seconds, it changed to the next channel. then i clicked again and it jumped 3 or 4 channels down.
i will see if this happens also in other apps/kodi menus or only in iptv. maybe its also an iptv addon bug

You have to check Kodi log with libCEC debug enabled, back to topic please.

I havent been able to contribute like i wanted to as have been ill but very happy to confirm that the wakeup issue has been fixed for me too!

Many thanks to @anon26735799 and @Portisch for outstanding analysis and fix. Really excellent!!

Cheers

Is the change merged in the nightlies or 9.2.1 stable version, yet? If not, is there anything you are waiting on to merge it?

this should be merged. at least it works fine for me since a couple of weeks

1 Like

Yes it works with 9.2.1

I have some problems with CEC, even though the N2 is powered on I don’t get any picture, when I manually turn off the soundbar and turn it on again I get picture but can’t navigate with the TV remote, only thing that helps is power off the N2 and power on and everything works, never had those problems with the Nvidia Shield, so it’s getting little frustrating.

N2 - > HW-N960 - > LG OLED C8

i guess it is pretty hard or nearly impossible to guess what is going on. i would recommend to get a UART adapter and log what is going on behind the scenes. thats what i did and the dev’s here where so nice to fix that. i paid about 15 EUR for that adapter in germany.

1 Like

hmm, thats interesting. i updated yesterday to 9.2.1 and now tried to start my home theater. it did not wake up(!).
i will check if this is a regression. or was just accident.

edit: just tried it again, works as expected

ok, I’ll wait and see if it’s possible to get a fix without the UART adapter, because it will cost me about 30 euro from Odroid UK, then the N2 would have cost me as much as the new Shield, so might just buy the new Shield and sell the N2 and just have everything working as it should, but I will try to factory reset the N2 and see if it helps.

ok so factory reset did not help, but I think I noticed that when I turn on the TV I get no source found even though it’s the N2 source and the N2 is powered on, but when I change to another HDMI source and then back to N2 source I get picture, I will try it a few times and see if that’s the only workaround, in the meantime I ordered the new Shield, we’ll see which one to keep.

what exactly happens when you power down the tv and power it on again. does the n2 wake up but you just get no image from it? then i would guess its a problem with the recognition of the CEC commands from that samsung bar. but as mentioned, without knowing exactly what goes on, its just guessing and impossible to know what will solve that.
if even the CEC commands are not sent through that samsung bar (because otherwise you could navigate through the kodi menu), i would also contact the samsung support.

I will check it again when I come home exactly what happens, but I think like you say, everything powers down like normal, but it’s when I power on I get the “no signal” message, the N2 is powered on, then switch to another HDMI source that is turned off like the Xbox or PC and back to N2 and then it’s working, I can see the soundbar say HDMI1 (N2 is connected to soundbar HDMI1 like the Nvidia Shield was) so I don’t think it’s a problem with the soundbar as it worked well with the Nvidia Shield but you never know, but I have bought the new HW-Q90R soundbar which I get on Tuesday so I will try with that one too.

so I think I might found a workaround which I can live with, tried this on both the N2 and Ugoos AM6, both of them just would not work like I wanted when using the standard CEC settings in CE, resulting in that I had to remove the power and put it back on, so I changed setting 2,3,4 to off/none, and I tried for couple of times now when I turn off the TV, the box will go to standby, but when I turn the TV on, it’s still on standby but as soon as I open an application for example Netflix or change to another HDMI source it will wake up and then I can choose the source for the box and everything is back where I left and it’s working, so might just do that for now and see if the new soundbar works better or if there will be a fix in future, so I might cancel the order on the Shield. :slight_smile:

Yes it’s the same for me. Turn TV off while on N2 HDMI port, N2 goes on standby. Switch TV on and N2 does not wake up until I switch to another hdmi source.

If on a non-N2 hdmi source and switch TV off, N2 goes on standby and wakes up when TV is switched on.

Doesn’t bother me tbh.

I am also on an Odroid N2 and cec wakeup only works when i switch to another device and then back.
I don’t see the workaround here, I thought this was the problem in the first place …

yes of course it’s a problem that hopefully can be fixed, but until then have to live with one extra button press…