Cheap DVB-S2 tuner for Coreelec

Digibit twin is the one I use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Telestar-5310476-DIGIBIT-Twin/dp/B016XL584C

Your wetek play could be setup as a tvheadend server, TVHeadend is a very undemanding program and can be run on just about any hardware. Not much of importance changes in it so there is little benefit in upgrading it once you have a working system. This means that all those old devices with outdated SOC’s but working dvb tuners can be relegated to TVH server duty and you can run your clients on a cheap modern box such as the x96Air which will provide all modern codec’s under CE.

Shoog

I have to say, I’ve got a KIII Pro and I’m very happy with it. It does what it’s supposed to do without issue, and on top of that it has spare processing power to run a homeassistant docker instance + deconz (also docker) for zigbee control.

I don’t see what the problem is with integrated tuners. If I had to evolve this setup, I’d just consider leaving a device (in this case the KIII Pro) as a headless tvh server and converting it to a full blown linux machine (armbian?).

I think this split (headless server and media player clients) would be more efficient than having a device just for SAT > IP… I’d still be needing a headless server in that case and the actual media playing devices, only now with an extra widget.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.