Color space issues

Hi everyone. I have this weird problem with my box that will randomly change the color space or something and it causes the image to look blue-ish, green-ish or something else (random, most of the times its blue-ish).

I have Mecool KI Pro and other forums say its an issue with color space because of an old TV and it needs to be set to rgb,8bit or something like that.

I tried setting use_rgb_to_yuv=1 and use_rgb_to_yuv=0 in config.ini but that didn’t work, it still changes the colors.

dispinfo: http://ix.io/2rRf

Is there a way to force rgb,8bit color space? How to do it?

The use_rgb_to_yuv in config.ini was for a bug that no longer exists.

if you want you can try to ssh into the device and

echo "rgb,now" > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

and see if this improves the situation for you.

Seems like it’s working for now, will wait a little longer and if all works will flag as solution.

Thanks for help!

1 Like

The effect of that only lasts until a reboot. If it works, I can put together a more persistent solution.

I put the command to autostart.sh, but I think the nicest solution would be some kind of color space selection in CoreELEC settings, just like it’s available on Android. Available settings seem to be parsed by Linux (/sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/dc_cap). Once you select it would be nice if it was persistent, because on Android it seems to randomly reset…

1 Like

is it possible to a newbie like me to have a simply procedure to do this mod because my old tv philips need a rgb output on hdmi thanks

Hey @pierino2010!

To do this, you will have to enable SSH on your CoreELEC box by going to CoreELEC Settings and finding the SSH option. You might need to reboot in order for it to work.
Next, you should find out the IP address of the box. You can use your router or check it at CoreELEC settings.
Open cmd on your pc and enter the following commands:

ssh root@<enter box ip address here>
echo "echo \"rgb,now\" > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh
echo "rgb,now" > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

The default password is coreelec. These commands should make it persistent through reboot.

Does anyone know if this RGB issue also concerns the news TV ? like news 2020/21 Sony TV ? I get some like this when playing a X265 movie or after … I have to stop reading and restart