Command to reboot to eMMC NAND to use on other skins?

Hi Folks,

i have recently set up CoreELEC-S905.arm-8.95.3 and am very impressed with the performance boost over android. i still use android sometimes (mostly for browsing internet) and find the option in the estuary power menu to reboot to eMMC / NAND most useful, negating the need for me to remove the SD card to boot to android however - i use AEON NOX Silvo and the option is not there. i do have option to configure the power menu with custom command however.

to that end does anyone know what command is being used by estuary to complete this action so i can try and configure it in NOX Silvo?

Thanks!!

This might help https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/5848-8-2-2-3-libreelec-8-2-for-s912/?pageNo=58

Brilliant! Thank you!!!

This might be helpful to some people:

In case someone uses skins that use “skin shortcuts” (such as Eminence 2, Nox 5 Silvo, etc) there’s usually no DialogButtonMenu.xml or any other related file to edit that would have the result we want.
Usually, though, these skins have the option to go to “Skin Settings → Miscellaneous → Customise shutdown menu”.
But there, you can only add one command / action to each item.
For CoreElec with such skins to boot to Android you need two actions / commands.

1. System.ExecWait(“/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand”)
  2. Reset() or XBMC.Reboot() (correct me if I’m wrong for the first one)

One way would be to create an item named whatever you want (e.g.“Reboot to Nand / Android”) with this action: “System.ExecWait(”/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")" and everytime you want to boot to Nand, you have to press this power menu item and then also press Reboot.

If you want to have one power menu item to do the job, here are the instructions and what I did (by following this post: Adding multiple custom commands )

1. Created an “overrides.xml” file with this content:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<overrides>
   <override action="RebootToAndroid">
        <action>System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")</action>
        <action>XBMC.Reboot()</action>
   </override>
</overrides>
  1. Copied it within the “userdata” folder
  2. Went to “Skin Settings → Miscellaneous → Customise shutdown menu” and added an item with the label “Reboot to Android” and this action (without the quotes): “RebootToAndroid”

That’s it. It seems to work fine.

2 Likes

Sorry but how does one apply this patch ?

I’m using CE nightly 9 on 912 with aeon mq8 skin and the reboot to internal does nothing.

I haven’t used this theme. If the theme engine uses “shortcuts” then the above steps I’ve written should work.

It depends on the skin’s implementation. You’ll need to see how exactly other commands and power menu items are implemented implemented in it, and then create a new item with the proper commands for reboot from internal.

Soz to everyone to reignite this topic but I’m still having no luck booting to emmc using latest nightly. I’m putting in Exec.Wait command in custom settings but no reboot.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Unfortunately “Confluence” theme does not have “reboot to internal” line…
I’m trying to fix it but I failed.

If we use these commands for confluence skin", can we copy and paste into the dialogmenubutton.xml file without changing it?

Best Regards

(My box Mecool M8S Pro W with Coreelec 9.0.3)

I played around with this a while back.

In your text editor search for the the string id="8 to give you a starting point and then add the additional section to add it to the shutdown menu.

What you then do is choose the reboot to internal option, which does nothing.

Then you choose the reboot option and voila, you reboot to the eMMC.

I didn’t do any more work to find out why I had to choose both options but it worked, so was suitable for me.This is my completed file that you can play around with.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer “Compent”
I applied your writings carefully but unfortunately it did not work in my box …

I am still waiting for a solution to add an “reboot to internal” to the “Confluence” theme …

All You have to do is read this thread from top, understand how to modify a file und just do it.
The string = System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")

1 Like

This is the complete DialogButtonMenu.xml.zip (929 Bytes) from original Estuary skin. You can find all you need in it, and adopt it to Confluence.

2 Likes

Very odd.

I’m using Confluence at it works every time.

1 Like

Thank you, everybody. I did it with your help.
Maybe I couldn’t do it very well but it solved my problem.
I changed some lines of the “DialogButtonMenu.xml” file of the Confluence theme.

<control type="button" id="8">
<description>Reboot to Internal</description>
<width>340</width>
<height>40</height>
<textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
<focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
<align>center</align>
<textwidth>290</textwidth>
<texturefocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonFocus.png</texturefocus> <texturenofocusborder="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonNoFocus.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")</onclick>
<onclick>Reset()</onclick>
<visible>System.CanReboot</visible>
<pulseonselect>no</pulseonselect>
<font>font13</font>
<label>Reboot to Internal</label>
</control>

In this way, the “reboot” line changed from “reboot to internal” in the shutdown menu and that’s enough for me.
Expert friends can write more perfectly and we all learn better.

Thank you Coreelec family.
Nice to meet you friends.

1 Like

This apk start CoreElec from Androi [sd card & pendrive]

CoreELEC_04_10_2019.apk (1.7 MB)

Android tv banner

Android Aicon

4 Likes

@starkman - Thank you, your override xml file worked perfectly with my Black Glass Nova skin - MUCH appreciated!

1 Like

skin.confluence.r2.zip (7.1 MB)

This is confluence skin, with ‘reboot to android button’ work with Coreelec 9.2 (not ng version)
Here is the change:

<control type="button" id="8">
				<description>Reboot button</description>
				<width>340</width>
				<height>40</height>
				<align>center</align>
				<texturefocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonFocus.png</texturefocus>
				<texturenofocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonNoFocus.png</texturenofocus>
				<font>font13</font>
				<label>13013</label>
			</control>
			<control type="button" id="15">
				<description>Reboot2 button</description>
				<width>340</width>
				<height>40</height>
				<align>center</align>
				<texturefocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonFocus.png</texturefocus>
				<texturenofocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonNoFocus.png</texturenofocus>
				<onclick>System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")</onclick>
				<font>font13</font>
				<label>Reboot to Android</label>
			</control>
1 Like

Where can i find the proper commands ?
It do not work on Aeon Nox Silvo skin for Kodi 19.
It boot to Android but i have to Restart the box manualy.
(Before on Kodi 18 and aura skin it works)