Compile 9.2.7 Amlogic-NG

I build from the default config file in order to be able to make kernel changes through menuconfig.
For the modified kernel config file, it is also not clear which network modules the proxy tool depends on in the kernel, so it is attempted to open the module (M), but fortunately this has been done successfully on other devices.

I don’t know which steps you did but this is how I do.
I first build linux package to know it builds correctly.

PROJECT=Amlogic-ng ARCH=arm ./scripts/build linux

Then I go to linux build folder and use menuconfig and set the options

cd build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-....../linux-.....
make menuconfig

Now compare modified .config file with file linux.aarch64.conf in projects folder and move changes back to config file in projects folder.

Build linux package with your new options

PROJECT=Amlogic-ng ARCH=arm ./scripts/build linux

The process is the same, except I make image instead of building Linux separately

Now go to clean all and make again according to the new config.Hope it passes this time.

You should always build image first so you are sure default config builds.

There is a detail here, like the default config file is ARM64, after the build is ARM.
I remember that I chose aarch64 through other S905X3 devices earlier, and this process did not encounter the problem that bl301 and CEEMMC could not find.And through the modified config file, the compilation passed.

After careful consideration, I find the key error here: I replaced the default config file completely with the newly generated config file, which caused the kernel to change to ARM instead of the previous ARM64.
It should be replaced as you said, only after comparing the modified parts of the file, not the whole file replacement.

This is working too. I think in your previous attempt you changed arch type and you got completely different config file.

Yes.When I make menuconfig, I select ARCH=arm instead of aarch64, and then modify and replace the whole file, it should not be a problem.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.