CoreELEC 19.4-Matrix_rc2 Discussion

Here is a 3 minute sample file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qIrwT07Qm64bRbZ3y-9GSe8LVkBOGGiW/view?usp=sharing

rc2 turn off ‘disable gui scaling’ option by default.
UI looks very blur on 4k device.

I have the same problems at 3 different x2 boxes (Vosen V1 X2,Bqeel y5 X2,H96 Max X2)
its only at interlace content with hardware acceleration

on a fresh install on SD card is the same problem
With RC1 everything is ok

On a x3 box (X96 max+) and a 922x Box (Orbsmart S86) everything is ok with RC2

On X2 DI related colors will be fixed later, need di change in dtb.
N2 shouldn’t be related. I will check later if it possible to repeat…

Thanks for trying to help @boot2k3. I tried to recreate this on a clean install on SD card but I can’t. I suspect it’s something to do with my set up only, so I’ll resolve it with a fresh install when I have the time.

It’ was a bit more than the Coreelec repo not updating though. When I was messing, any attempt to install from the Kodi repo would stay at 0% and system info would show ‘busy’ until I stopped it by turning off the wired connection. I also noticed that the Tvheadend client had updated to 19.4.1 whereas the server was still reporting as 19.3.125.

Hi All,
I have a problem with TVHeadend as it doesn’t recognize the tuner
My device is DreamMax B9S2X 1g ram 8gb S905D tuner montage M88RS6060 android 7.1
Coreelec 19.4 rc2
Tvheadend server 4.3
gxl_p231_1g_dvb.dtb
gxl_p231_1g_dvb_ser.dtb
gxl_p231_1g_m8s_dvb-s2.dtb
I’ve tried all of them, but the tuner doesn’t work
http://ix.io/3Nvp
http://ix.io/3Nvv

1 Like

@cyclone99 , I couldn’t repeat this issue on any devices I have…
Please perform actions to repeat issue and execute dispinfo command while watching this video and upload link you receive. And also please upload full log after.

dispinfo: http://ix.io/3Nw0

Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b_rHu3yioEPRdu2v1Isr5ijy03kt4n7n/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

You just uploaded kodi.log, not full log…
But from logs we have now I see that you use 4k 59.94Hz as GUI resolution.
And in that case it starts 1080i 59.94Hz video in 4K 59.94Hz resolution.
If GUI in 4K then for correct view you need to select in whitelist needed 1080p and 4k resolutions and refresh rates.

But yes, I see the garbage on ff and fb with your config.

Yes, enabling GUI scaling or setting up a whitelist does fix my issue with RC2.

I boot from SD card and I used to map emmc using this command

DATAOFFSET=$(dmesg | grep mmcblk | grep '  data' | awk '{ print $7}'| sed "s/.$//g" | head -n 1)
OFFSET=$(printf "%d\n" $DATAOFFSET)
EMMCDEV="/dev/mmcblk0"
LOOPDEV="/dev/loop1"
MNTDIR="/dev/emmcdata"
if [ ! -d $MNTDIR ] ; then
 mkdir "$MNTDIR"
fi
losetup -f -o "$OFFSET" "$EMMCDEV"
mount -o noatime,nodiratime "$LOOPDEV" "$MNTDIR"

but now grep cannot find the offset for emmc. grepping ’ data’ finds nothing.
What changed?

The output I have when running dmesg | grep mmcblk is:

CoreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep mmcblk
[    0.767376@3]- mmcblk0: emmc:0001 SLD64G 57.6 GiB
[    0.767598@3]- mmcblk0boot0: emmc:0001 SLD64G partition 1 4.00 MiB
[    0.767822@3]- mmcblk0boot1: emmc:0001 SLD64G partition 2 4.00 MiB
[    0.768043@3]- mmcblk0rpmb: emmc:0001 SLD64G partition 3 4.00 MiB
[    1.225172@0]- mmcblk1: sd:aaaa SC32G 29.7 GiB
[    1.227432@0]-  mmcblk1: p1 p2
[    2.223610@1]- init: ### /dev/mmcblk1p1: 125 files, 28715/65501 clusters
[    2.495029@1]- EXT4-fs (mmcblk1p2): couldn't mount as ext3 due to feature incompatibilities
[    2.495478@1]- EXT4-fs (mmcblk1p2): couldn't mount as ext2 due to feature incompatibilities
[    2.554313@1]- EXT4-fs (mmcblk1p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)

You are using some hack from 2019 year.
It’s not supported.
Use official ceemmc tool.

1 Like

Please pick your used dtb again from here and try again:

I found a bug in 19.4 rc2. In my odroid n2 after update wake up with mce remote stopped working. I had to manually turn on the device. After reverting to 19.3 wakeup works as before.

I have the same problem with KI Pro
Does not work on SD card
But it works well with Pendriver

If I use the same card in a flash drive to sd card and insert it into the usb port it works perfectly
card sandisk

Hi,
I’ve been using CoreELEC 19.4rc2 in a maybe not tested environment and encountered an issue that went completely away again after downgrading to 19.3.
I’m using a s905x3 box and my tv and this box are connected to the same switchable outlet. I’ve an Android TV that always takes a bit to bootup and this might be where this issue comes from since it “feels” like an initialization issue:
Since 19.4 if I switch on the outlet, the TV is fully boot-up and is switching to the input with the ARM box I always get a black picture, yet it is running. Rebooting it by using an app sometimes fixes this but not always. Disconnecting only the box from power and connecting it again, while the TV remains on, however always fixes it.

Mecool K1 Pro

I had latest stable release working fine running on SDCard (19.x matrix, I believe).
Last night CoreELEC said that there was an upgrade. I thought it was a stable release so I agreed, and now it doesn’t boot complaining about “Could not mount LABEL=COREELEC”.
After removing the SDCard it booted fine from internal (9.2.7). Then I let it update to 9.2.8, but HBO addon doesn’t work, complaining about some new version that doesn’t exist in any repository.

How can I revert to the previous matrix version in the SDCard?

I had this earlier this week. (details above and post your box details in hope that the new kernel finds a fix for this).
I just moved the KERNEL.img(rename it after move) and SYSTEM from the old .tar upgrade of the version that you had working to the SD card. It then booted right away.
also, I noted that running the new rc2 worked when using a USB stick as boot.

Thanks, vpeter told me what to do in a PM and it’s basically what you said. Working now :+1:

After auto update 19.4_rc2:

• hdmi-cec stopped working after hdmi source change on tv (only restart helped),
  • got judder by playing movies,
  • juddered movie got out of sync

downgrade back to 19.3
beelink gt-king pro (have no log :frowning: )