CoreELEC 19 Matrix Discussion (Kodi RC)

CEC is perfect,
For me the problems with CEC have been solved.

1 Like

Thank you for support CE and testing!

5 Likes

My pleasure :hugs:

But, CoreElec default drivers dvb doesn’t work anyway. Either remove or fix them in release…
http://ix.io/2PF4
http://ix.io/2PF5

That’s normal, they are not updated or maintained.
Also this is the reason of crazycat/dvb-latest.

2 Likes

@Portisch I’ve been thinking about buying a usb tuner of this model! will it have support for CoreELEC?

No idea, DVB on LE/CE is EOL.

It’s much better to use real DVB hardware as it’s designed for this purpose like a SAT>IP server and split server and client part.

I never have any issue with my Quatro DVB tuner and multible clients like CE, mobile and the TV itself. Also Windows can use it :innocent:. And you can easily exchange the clients and/or update without any issues.

1 Like

I completely agree.

I was heavily into this driver-for-your-dvb game until I switched and to be honest I will gladly see the driver package thing gone from CE :wink:

No, the mygica t230a is not supported in CE at the moment. I have one so I can assure you that.

1 Like

It’s not how it works, anyway. I can tell you that I once used a vim2+vtv that worked only in default drivers. Than i had a xbox tuner that worked in dvb-latest and a mygica t230 USB tuner that worked best in crazycat. So I had to distribute the tuners in various devices and use minisatip to connect them to the tvh server that was in the vim2. It was a nice mess. So i bought a hdhomerun expand quad tuner. This is an example for DVB-C. Tuner support in different sets of drivers has variations according to which norm you’re using.

Well, I meant specifically CE kodi-19 matrix, on 9.2.5 the avalink 6862 adapter works with all three types of drivers, but on the matrix ce default driver dvb impossible install, if choose them will be not active

1 Like

9.2.5 Amlogic-ng?

Amlogic.arm, Amlogic-ng 9.2.5 stable doesn’t work on S905 series SoC

Amlogic.arm (GXBB, GXM) is EOL and DVB is EOL.

1 Like

If you’re still referring to KI pro, of course it’s supported in amlogic-ng Leia. Otherwise it wouldn’t be supported in Matrix.

1 Like

Then it would be more logical, when choosing to download an image, to provide a choice between generic and ng generic, and it would also be good to understand the difference between them for the S905 series
For example, I still did not know that for S905D on stable 9.2.5 you can use both generic and generic ng

Go to download helper, choose new installation, KI pro and read what’s said there.

1 Like

Sorry, I installed the first time so long ago that info passed me by 🤷 :hugs:

1 Like

Yes, and S905 is gxbb device and not supported in amlogic-ng but S905X/W/D are gxlm and are supported. The internal DVB part is another story and is supported in some devices.

1 Like

@Boulder, please try current nightly build, it should be fixed

1 Like