CoreELEC 19 Matrix Discussion (Kodi RC)

After updating h96 x905x3 official latest firmware via amlogic burning tool but green screen issue remains there.
When I switch on my hisense Led and android tv box same time then screen becomes green
Solution:-

After shutdown android tv box via remote power off button and again on press power on button of android tv box’s remote then led screen becomes normal.
Previous stable build version named 9.2.5 working fine without green screen issue, but I want to use latest kodi 19 based coreelec.
I think that it’s strange issue, kindly help?

@vpeter i am aware the path could be different, that’s what I don’t know. The clue here is to force RGB and I don;t know if that would work in CE

Yup, the CoreELEC team was paid directly by HardKernel to hide these bugs for the N2 launch - that’s why they banned my account here after it was confirmed on the LibreELEC and CoreELEC pages :slight_smile:

This is actually completely fixed upstream, there’s just bad developers in this chain. My S905 still performs astronomically better than the S905X2, but that too is just ineptitude where there’s massive embarrassment of the current development team trying to carry the torch.

The reason I created a new account after the current maintainer continues to hide this basic information. This is to share because they’re basic driver bugs that they don’t give a shit about, and again I run CoreELEC but hiding these trivial issues from the greater public is a major disservice.

I don’t remember who you are but spreading conspiracy theories is a reason for being banned. Consider this your new first strike.
Noboby was paid to hide bugs. Nobody is forcing you to use CoreELEC. If it’s fixed “upstream” (whatever upstream is in your context) go and use upstream. Also insulting developers just because you think some problem is not fixed is not nice. Think about your actions and attitude.

EDIT: I think you are referring to this issue you posted. I’m posting it here for everyone to see so everbody can see it’s not hidden: Amlogic-ng (amcodec): 4k/60hz content corruption.
BTW to explain why a moderator “unlisted” your topic. You were posting links to content that is copyrighted.

9 Likes

Sorry, but this is really uncalled for.
Please be respectful. Or leave.

Could you also clarify full TV model?
And also dmesg log after you boot with green screen and the same for normal screen

Thank you, there’s no more skipping with the latest version.

so you bought a cheap Chinese s905x2 box and got some issues. its a chance you take on this type of HW. mostly they are good but not always. if you want flawless operation pay some extra cash for a better supported box

@KyleSSS I believe the instructions your looking for are here

1 Like

@KyleSSS

Please behave.

Terms of Service

Frequently Asked Questions

2 Likes

Do you have any idea when the stable version of Matrix will be released?

Nightly is same as stable, only the name differ.

3 Likes

Kodi Matrix stable is out. Should we expect Coreelec 19 stable soon?

Well, in stable many of plugs became out of date. In nigtlies CE Matrix all were working well. Seems stable 9.2.6 is not Matrix?

To by mě taky zajímalo :thinking:

It’s a shame S912 won’t be supported. My Minix U9H was stuck on Kodi 17 for years after Kodi 18 was released because all my devices share a centralised database and I had a box using Kodi 17 for DSPlayer. A few months ago I no longer needed DSPlayer so I could finally upgrade my Minix U9H to Kodi 18, along with my new ODroid N2+. Now I can’t upgrade the Minix to Kodi 19, which means my ODroid will be stuck using an older version of Kodi for years too. :frowning:

The users were told S912 support is a hack and only supported by Kernel 3.14. It would require just to high number of development hours to port the hack to 4.9 Kernel. Maybe someone will find this needed time and will do a PR to CoreELEC, thank you!

Amlogic do have now 3 newer SoC versions (S905X2, S905X3, S922X) and the 4th is currently released (S905X4). Number 5th S908X is also already known but without release date…

1 Like

Tanix TX5Pro(s905x) reboots every time I try to pay a 4k HDR video.
Anybody have the same problem?

will the S905x support Kodi 19?

Matrix is supported in S905x