CoreELEC 20.0-Nexus Amlogic-ng Discussion

Dont you need a( space ) -x

After ceemmc

On TV Box you do

I just sent to internal on Hk1x4 Box

Iā€™ve now tested this and yes, itā€™s a good way to make the subs appear in the correct place without having to use Video calibration with every resolution/refresh rate combo.

However, the problem with subs sometimes appearing in the wrong place happens also with default video calibration values and manually set margin. I just had it again, and restarting the video fixed it. I couldnā€™t reproduce it at least right away, but it definitely was triggered by pausing the video and resuming playback.

I found the cause. It is not pausing the video, but the player debug info display (the one with audio and video bitrate etc.) It will shift the subs down when launched. This is something that didnā€™t happen in CE-19 so itā€™s a new bug.

The subtitles were completely reworked in Nexus, and now have a separate submenu with more options. IIRC when all the work started, it was mentioned that subtitle position will be removed from ā€œVideo calibrationā€, but it didnā€™t (yet?) happened for some reasonā€¦

On which device?
On my CE 20.0 and also on N2 AndroidTV (Android 10) Kodi 20.0 Nexus, and on my Firestick (Android 7.1) Kodi 20.0 Nexus none overlays, also not the mentioned one, change the position os subtitlesā€¦

Yes but you can get issues. Some people donā€™t, some do. Itā€™s recommended to have a fresh install of 20.0 as has been recommended over and over.

I am using it on one X98max+.
Works ok. Had to manually update addons but all ok other than speedtester from kodi repo. Link to working version above .

Baz

It is not the recommended way to go. Especially if you have a ton of addons. On one of my devices (very few addons) I did and I wasnā€™t the worst for it but your mileage may varyā€¦ Youā€™ll have to take the plunge Iā€™m afraid as there is zero guarantee itā€™ll go smoothly.

This is on N2. In my testing, I had a 1080p24 video playing, whitelisted combination.

I checked last night on all my Kodi 20.0 installations, and as I said before, none overlay causes subtitle shift. Does the position shift goes back to normal after you close the overlay?
Btw, are you running default Estuary skin, as I am?

No, the subs stay in the wrong place after the info layer is closed. Only a stop-start sequence fixes it. And yes, the default skin is in use.

It looks to me that this behaviour of ā€œdouble upscaling with whitelistā€ is in CE only. I had a peek at the sources and in xbmc/Resolution.cpp at aml-5.4-20.1 Ā· CoreELEC/xbmc Ā· GitHub there is a part which tries matching to closest whitelisted resolution with exact refreshrate while in Kodiā€™s sources (xbmc/Resolution.cpp at master Ā· xbmc/xbmc Ā· GitHub) the next step is going for the whitelisted desktop resolution etc.

1 Like

Yep, I also notice stuttering video with subtitles.

Oh i tough it was something i did,it was driving me crazy.
Video stutter with subtitles untill i skip 5sec ahead.

@Tee77 & @saxman : are you on a ODroid N2+ ? If so you could report this problem here: Stuttering after pause or black screen

I have problems getting the subs enabled by default for files with more than one embedded subtitle track. I have enabled them in the player menu and set the ā€œdefault for all mediaā€. Still when I play the next file, the subs are once again disabled. In the corresponding menu, I have the language set as ā€œOriginalā€, I think thatā€™s the default. In this case, the subs are both English, one is normal and the other is HoH.

I donā€™t think I had this issue with CE-19 but I may have configured it properly to avoid it. Iā€™m not sure how to fix it in CE-20.

If a CE 20.1 RC1 would be released this week, it would bring some fixings or new stuff?

If CE follows Kodi releases, then your wait is going to be a little longer:
Milestones - xbmc/xbmc Ā· GitHub

Well, we do the RC in the middle of minor versions of kodi

You always can take the nightly route to experience latest development.

https://relkai.coreelec.org/?dir=Amlogic-ng/ce-20