CoreELEC 8.95.4.3 not auto downloading

Hi,

The latest of CoreElec is not auto updating for me. I had the same problem with the previous version as well. Has it worked for anyone here?

I was not patient and upgraded manually (from 8.95.4.2). You can do so as well.
But it is indeed more relevant to ask if it worked for anyone .
Which version are you running?

Do you have updates set to manual?

Auto update is not working for me also. Iā€™m on 8.95.4.2 version and thereā€™s no notification about update.
In CoreELEC Settings updates is set to ā€œautoā€.
On previous versions auto-update worked fine.

Ditto. My Mecool KII pro is still stuck stubbornly on 8.95.4.2 despite having Automatic Updates turned on.

Me too. Not auto update. Cheers

I can also report that since 8.95.4.2, when 8.95.4.3 was released the auto-update did not work anymore. I thought the CoreElec team did it on purpose, stopped the auto-update because of the problems of the 4.3 release.

I have it set to auto as well.

I get error below on both 8.95.4.2 and .3
Same error regardless of manual or auto update.

18:34:19.899 T:3655324528   ERROR: ## CoreELEC Addon ## system::check_updates_v2 ## ERROR: (ValueError('No JSON object could be decoded',))
18:34:19.900 T:3655324528   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                          File "/home/cdu13a/gitplay/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.95.4.3/CoreELEC-settings-4feae3f3649fd9acfdc4d02ac4601f2ce29c41a7/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.coreelec.settings/resources/lib/modules/system.py", line 845, in check_updates_v2
                                          File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads
                                          File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364, in decode
                                          File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode
                                        ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

Please post a full Kodi debug log.

Can anyone (except CE developers) confirm that auto-update worked for them to go from version 8.95.4.2 to 8.95.4.3 automatically?

No, does not work for the latest ā€˜pointā€™ updates.
I thought it was deliberately deactivated during the ā€˜black screen combatā€™ versions. Apparantly not ?

I couldnā€™t download 8.95.4.2 image anymore so hereā€™s the log from 8.95.4.3 with the same error as on 8.95.4.2
https://pastebin.com/raw/085FjTaX

Please try again, there was something wrong with the server, but should be fixed now.

No error now. Auto-update works again :slight_smile: thanks!

Latest update worked! Thanks to the Devs for all their hard work!

1 Like