CoreELEC Amlogic-ng(4.9 kernel) for S905X/S905D/S905W - FunHouse builds

Isn’t the M8S pro S912?

Mecool M8S Pro+ uses S905X chipset while Mecool M8S Pro (L) uses S912. The naming is a mess and different sellers are mixing the naming further…- Regardless, this thread is for S905X/D/W chipset only.

My mistake, I have the Pro L

I did some more tests and it seems Live TV channels play smoothly after a reboot but, if I change the channel a couple of times, they stutter until I reboot again (restarting Kodi doesn’t help)

I’ll try to post logs later.

I don’t have a TV that supports HDR so I can’t directly verify this myself, and I don’t remember if anybody that was testing this internally said anything about it.

Maybe somebody who does have an HDR capable display can test?

CoreELEC funhouse_2006.7 - Release Notes
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
This is just a minor update.

Please Remember to report any issues with this build in this thread.

For the People having video playback issues, it would be helpful if you could post a debug log if you are still having issues after updating.

Changes since funhouse_2006.2:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Update CoreELEC funhouse build to match the nightly_20200206 build
add missing gxl_p212_3g dtb file
increase the reserved memory for the video decoder to match newer devices

3 Likes

@Ant123 the gxl_p212_3g dtb file should be included in the build I just uploaded.

@B1oHazard can you be more specific about exactly which device you have? And which device tree you used? Also if you know the version of the Android firmware that is installed on the devices internal emmc memory that would be useful to know as well.

Tried new version on Mini M8S II 2GB/16GB.
Played a couple of 4k video.
At the start and at the stop of the videos the tv says no video signal for a few seconds.
The higher bitrate 4k video play stuttering like hell (e.g 4K_HD.Club_Showreel-2013-100mbps.mp4)
Cannot play of Gemini Man 4k 60fps, it fills cache after a few sec and audio is totally delayed or no audio at all.
When I started Alita UHD BD, CE rebooted
http://ix.io/2bbF
After reboot only tried to start Alita, rebooted again
http://ix.io/2bbG

I used Meelo+4K box (Amlogic S905X 1GB RAM) with gxl_p212_1g dtb file. Stock firmware was Android 6, but mine box flashed CoreELEC with 3.14 kernel in emmc. Same dtb file used in CoreELEC with 3.14 kernel and in my amlogic-ng-on-gxl branch build from 15 January it work, so i think there some regression from 15 January to first public build. Tested funhouse_2006.7 and got bootloop after CoreELEC splash again.

Yes, I tested the image.

Everything I tried out seems to be working (CEC, Ethernet, Wireless all works).

I checked out some IPTV channels and they seem to work fine.

The only problem that’s still present on this kernel is BD playback. BD Menus for some reason don’t use HW acceleration, I only see menu options but not the background image (the menu is just black except for options) and if I don’t select something in about 15 seconds, the menu freezes and I have to unplug the box.

Tested Nexbox A95x+

• DTB gxl_q212_2g.dtb
  • Wired network OK
  • Reboot OK
  • Poweroff OK
  • CEC OK
  • Remote OK
  • H264 1080p in hardware mode OK
  • H265 HDR 10Bit BT2020 2160p in hardware mode OK
  • MPEG2 from DVB-T in hardware mode OK
  • MPEG4 in hardware mode OK
  • No WIFI
  • No Bluetooth

Very good result for the moment :slight_smile:

I need to double check, but I have the impression from dmesg that the wireless and BT are KO because issue with SDIO

I noticed one more issue with my Z69 3/32 S905X box with this new kernel.

When I try to power off my box, it immediately turns back on.

Hi. I am running Coreelec successfully on Odroid N2, Wetek Hub, no-brand S905 and two S905X boxes (“akaso” and “A95X” 1G ram, 8G flash).

When I tried the funhouse build, both S905X boxes would not start it. What I did:

• used the toothstick to push reset during power on
  • “reboot update” from Android
  • use a brand new microsd card

Both boxes will show the coreelec boot screen with the funhouse version number and after a while reboot.

Is there anything else I could try? Is there a way to capture what is stopping the boot process?

Same here with Mini M8S II. Suspend similar.

I just now checked same flashdrive what I used in my X96 Mini (S905W, 1/8) and it work (just changed dtb from p212 to p281), but didnt work in my S905X 1/8, bootloop after CoreELEC logo.

adding to this: I tried both gxl_p212_1g_slowemmc.dtb and gxl_p212_1g.dtb with both S905X boxes.

One issue to report.
Device is a nexbox a95x running funhouse 2006.7
Every time I try to copy my retro games over samba, I get a crash about 1/3 of the way in. The whole system reboots.
It is ~2gb of data. I am using a 32GB Sandisk SD card that should have more than enough room on it.

Logs:
I would love to provide these, but every time I try to use the coreelec tool to upload them, I get a generic error saying failed to upload logs.

Is there anyway I can add a different screen saver or skin?
Every time I press get more, it either closes or shows no additional skins or screen savers.

It took a very long time for my A95x to post the first time. I didn’t time it but it was over 5min I think.
You might want to give it more time.