DAMN we are all limited in Speed!

So in short, i own minix u9-h.

I decided to buy a expensive Sd card Sandisk Extreme. First i thought fast one is always better.

As you can see Coreelec does not give us the full speed of this card.

Specs of Sd as i expected it would be in Coreelec:

160 Mb/s in read and 60 Mb/s in write.

But you can see in picture Coreelec throttle us.

Is that true ? i had the exact same result with my cheaper card.

“Most likely”, this should be attributed to said top-notch hardware, not the linux kernel.

Alright alright, that’s GNU/Linux, mr rms. Dang…

Ohhh damn you caught us. There is a diabolic plan that we hatched to steal disk speed from everyone. We use that to built a giant AI that will be able to index all the cat pics and all the cat vids of the world. If we succeed with this plan everyone on this planet will be presented with the perfect cat pic that makes them happy. But our numbers are too low. Please tell your friends.

4 Likes

Could someone upload result with emmc speed as Screenshot. I want to compare. Thanks in advance

Sadly, whilst the card may well support super fast speeds, the hardware used on most boxes is not up to the job of supporting them.

Many controllers are very cheap and help to keep the prices down.

1 Like

My dog has a plan to stop your evil plot.

I/O Benchmark, ie “script.io.benchmark” is famous for it’s inaccuracy :wink:

Just tested it now on my N2 eMMC, and it wrote a 128MB file in more than 3.8 sec.
Copping the same size file (128MB) from one folder to another on same eMMC with “File Manager”, which then takes in account both read and write times, takes about 1.5 sec. So much for accuracy :slight_smile:

Edit: Odroid N2 eMMC sequential read speed is over 150MB/s and write speed over 125MB/s

I want to store my coreelec on my emmc .

Please guys can someone give me a advice . I know i have to use putty with commands.

I need a step by step instruction . Minix is now supported from coreelec side with the emmc install.

You can’t with a box based on S912.

I have successfully installed to internal on my H96 Pro. Bear in mind it is NOT supported. If you want to go back to android, you need to reinstall the original firmware, & in my case didn’t find it any faster.

could you be so friendly and share with me your results? Write and Read speed…

Apart from the fact I wouldn’t know how to get the results, I don’t use that device.

Well, the gimp is asleep so… this is the best I can do:

Write;

TX3:~ # echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches && dd if=/dev/zero of=/storage/test.speed bs=1M count=1024
1024+0 records in
1024+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.0GB) copied, 6.201987 seconds, 165.1MB/s

Read;

TX3:~ # echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches && dd if=/storage/test.speed of=/dev/null bs=1M
1024+0 records in
1024+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.0GB) copied, 6.983679 seconds, 146.6MB/s

This is for a tanix tx3. Mind you, not the mini, nor the max, or the pro apparently for that matter; just the plain old average lukewarm Tanix TX3.