Digital Audio Output

Hi all,

I would like to add a SPDIF/Toslink audio output to my N2. Is this possible and has anyone done this?

Any links on procedure would be great.

Also, what audio formats would it support? Same as the HMDI port?

TIA

Greg

This might be a good starting point.

Always worth doing a search on the forums as there may be more follow up information.

You can also ask the question over at the Odroid forums.

1 Like

Thanks, this does have an SPDIF output plus a lot of other stuff I don’t want. I could leave off the display, battery etc. Does look neat though.

What type of audio formats would it support? 2 channel and 5.1? +DD, Atmos?

TIA

Greg

DTS and DD (not DD+).

I did this. I used the connector (recycled from Xbox360-HD-AV-Cable) i was using on the Odroid C2 - just connected on the right Pins on the Odroid N2 and it just works :wink:
Here is the thread: SPDIF for Odroid C2: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?t=21477
Connect this to:
https://wiki.odroid.com/_media/odroid-n2/hardware/n2_pinmap.png?w=700&tok=c17874
VCC=Pin4 (or any 5V Pin)
GND=Pin6 (or any GND Pin)
IN=Pin7

Would I be correct in assuming the SPDIF will output:

2.0 Uncompressed PCM
5.1 Compressed Dolby Digital
5.1 Compressed DTS

TIA

Greg

Yes, that’s right.

1 Like

I have the SPDIF from my N2 going to my sound-bar. HDMI from N2 to TV and the optical output of the TV going to my headphones. TV does not have headphone output . I have no sound on the headphones or the TV speakers.

Seems like I’m unable to have audio via the HDMI and the SPDIF at the same time. Is this correct and if so is there a better solution.

EDIT: SPDIF selected for both the audio devices in Settings/Audio setup.

TIA

Greg

Yes, that’s correct.
You can get a SPDIF splitter. Then you can use HDMI on the N2, and the optical out on the TV to both your headphones and AVR.

Yes, I could do that. Was just trying to keep the TV from messing with the audio as you really do not know what it is doing to the audio. It’s not so much an issue for the headphones, I was just trying to get the “raw” audio from the N2 straight to the sound-bar. With nothing in between.