Docker 'kill' notifications (after profile switches) - Coreelec 19 RC2

Sorry but my simple brain doesn’t understand that.

I have a confession to make tho. The changes you asked me to make to add-on.xml were made incorrectly by silly me.

I run 18 on emmc and 19 on SD. When booted from SD, I now know that the 18 eemc STORAGE partition is shown in file manager. I changed the add-on.xmls for Kodi 18!

I’ll now do it again now I know to take from storage rather than STORAGE.

Hope you can laugh about it.

9 hours ago I should have said

Removing extension point from docker (the location you gave) stopped the kills.

I am very sorry.

Will things break if the service isn’t stopped for an update? I’m thinking that the best option might be to run with custom notification settings.

It could because files are in use and can’t be overwritten.

I would prevent automatic updates for this problematic addons and update them manually after returning those 3 lines in addon.xml and restarting kodi.

OK will do. Thanks for your help with this.

Ok so I’m the one with the issues when switching profiles.

Just to be clear, you’re saying that the issues are probably coming from when there is an update for the docker addon? It’s not successfully killing docker and updating, basically? And I guess the profile switching is triggering another round of checking for updates?

I did not notice failed updates in my logs when looking at this, though - I was searching for all lines with docker in them so would imagine this would have been visible?

In any case, the proposed solution is to change to manual updates, e.g. with a manual kill of the processes and then a manual update of docker (periodically, when the issue is seen, I guess)?

(In my case, I don’t really need updates to either docker of the container really - it’s really just an (ancient) background service and I don’t really mind if it gets out of date, so perhaps also for me turn off the notifications is better…but really, this would be an issue with anyone running a container they want to keep up to date, really, wouldn’t it - if it indeed happens even without profiles…)

I am away from the machine right now but should had a chance on the weekend to dig in more thoroughly…

Actually, shuffled some stuff and had a moment to play.

I can confirm if I remove those three lines from addon.xml, the service/container runs in the background and there are no kill messages to be seen in the logs at all when switching profiles. This restores the behaviour seen with Kodi 18/Coreelec 9

I’m kind of surprised Docker runs at all, though, without that line in there. I presume this means Docker is being started at the system level and the Kodi addon bit is in fact not running, is that right? Other than installing Docker, what does the kodi addon bit really do - doesn’t seem like it is required for typical ‘docker containers in the background’ use, really?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.