Docooler M9S Pro 16G works in 9.2.8 but not 19.2

UPDATE BECAUSE I GOT THE DEVICE NAME WRONG - so sorry!

Bit of a noob.

Have an old Docooler M9S Pro 16G that runs libreelec.

cat /proc/device-tree/le-dt-id
gives:
gxbb_p200_2G_100M
(on libreelec)

I’m trying to get CoreELEC running on an sd card/USB stick with the intention of overwriting the emmc when I’ve got the version I want (19.2+) running ok.

CoreELEC 9.2.8 has ‘gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb’ which works fine!

CoreELEC 19.2 doesn’t have a 1:1 match and for the life of me I cannot find a dtb that works.

Tried the recommended DTBs from the download page, and all the device trees mentioned in other Docooler M9S Pro posts and many more, same thing happens - M9S logo screen appears, flashes to black for a second then appears again, and loops.

Any clues? It seems strange I don’t have a problem with 9.2.8

Upgrade your hardware to be able to use Kodi Matrix.

Thanks very much for the quick answer.

Sorry Portisch, I’m not sure if it makes a difference, but I omitted the ‘Pro’ from the Docooler M9S Pro 16G product name.

So that’s an S905X SoC rather than S905 I think.

GXBB is not S905X, so no.

1 Like

Docooler M9S-PRO Smart Android TV Box Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core UHD 4K 2G / 16G Mini PC WiFi H.265 VP9 DLNA Miracast HD Media Player EU Plug that’s S905x, it has “smart” after Pro, you got the S905 variant, only Android 5.1 supported. Anyway, the output of cat command was obvious - GXBB. So, until further notice, stay on 9.2.8 and wait for the mainline kernel.

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

Seems like justification enough for some new hardware.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.