Dynamic conversion of HDR10+ SEI to DV P8 NAL

Yes, I absolutely think that CPM needs to focus on his family first and the fact that he spent 4-hours of a bank holiday on CE is not healthy.

Let’s also face reality, these features are not going to vanish. I’m sure Amlogic, Ugoos, SEI, Minix, etc. read these forums and have long ago cloned CPM’s repositories. I expect CPM’s features to become widely available on the Android side soon.

I’ve seen this with other open-source projects before such as Rockbox. They pioneer features that then become standard. I’d say that soon TV-Led Dolby Vision, FEL support, VS10, and outputting Dolby Vision as HDR will all probably become fairly common.

CPM has changed the face of media players forever, but it’s time for him to hug his family and step back for their sake. As CPM said, if anyone wishes to continue the work, it’s on github.

1 Like

No, I don’t think that this is their main goal, I just mentioned how it happened.
Btw, however “that crap on Android” worked, it was first FEL on AM6B+ and it worked/works OK for me.

That project was first to get abandoned also and don’t forget CE devs brought this device back from the dead.

1 Like

With the infamous “monsoons” build or there have been developments in Kodi?

Fully agree

Oh come on, you understood what I meant by that. I’m not the one saying like that, and my sole aim is to cool, not inflame things even more.

But ok, I will save you some work, I will delete my posts myself. All the best.

It was not meant to anyone personally. Just read a thread again and there are bunch of useless posts to discuss about situation to merge the code. My point was that everything was already said and situation will not change.

Since @cpm not share newest build, we can use his latest T8 .
I made some fine tune with the Estuary playerprocessinfo , Capitalized some texts, where was possible, builded one playerprocessinfo button to the video osd, for direct access. Edit: here is the last estuary mod for this build.
Thanks again.

10 Likes

Wonderful job @frodo19 . It works perfectly.
Thank you.

1 Like

It wasn’t abandoned, just “adopted” on another build.

Don’t know about development, but FEL for me, on my AM6B+ in Android, worked/works on Maven’s Kodi builds a couple of months before it did on CE.
There was never a big fuss about it so not many people were/are aware of this.

Tnx great job. Did you do any other changes on this version, or just reworked “PlayerProcessInfo” ?

I used Mavens build alot on my Shield before DV worked on official Kodi for Android, but I guess Mavens build can’t playback DV on Samsung TVs? that’s the main reason for me. :slight_smile:

Yes, needed some other xml small modification , and the textutes.xbt. :slightly_smiling_face:

Excellent job :+1: thank you.

Amazing work @frodo19, everything works perfectly
Thanks a lot @CPM amazing work, every video encoding works great , big jump with T8
Thanks to all, I admire you

Wonderful job.
Thank you.

If you are just using Profile from the Codec String, then there is a Profile property, no need to parse the Codec String.

Can combine with the BL Compatibility to have:

7.6 (Profile 7 - BluRay Compatibility)
8.1 (Profile 8 - HDR10 Compatibility)
5.0 (Profile 5 - No Compatibility)

Can share the exact property names later.

3 Likes

The goal was, just the simple string .
Sometimes, in some test files, give me, weird result like P4 fel , or P7 without fel or mel… But in normal movies all ok.
Waiting for your solution (playerprocessinfo) Thank you.

P4 FEL is valid
P7 without MEL or FEL should not be a thing - probably handmade test.

2 Likes

What the fuq is going on? Where is the new version? What is taking so long for such a simple task?

Hehe just joking, so you can feel like all CE developers when somebody pests them for some lame and trivial thing :smiling_face: