EmuELEC: Retro Emulation Kodi Addon for CoreELEC!

My problem is right. Because I insist on 4k UI resolution. The problem disappears when I change to FHD UI resolution. However, I prefer 4k resolution even if there are problems for some reason. Anyway, I looked at your EmuELEC’s script and got a hint and applied the shutdown and reboot scripts. It’s easy to solve. thank you for the reply. I love your works!

Apologies for my lack of knowledge and possibly not following this topic correctly. Could you please explain me what is the difference between:

• EmuELEC vs EmuELEC addon version
  • EmuELEC vs Sx05RE addon

?

“EmuELEC addon” is most of the EmuELEC features packaged as a kodi addon, and is meant to be used with CoreELEC for people that want both the CoreELEC features and EmuELEC features.

“EmuELEC” is a full Operating System for Retro gaming and emulation based on CoreELEC, but with kodi removed and a few more features then are possible to implement in the addon version.

Sx05RE is just an older name for the EmuELEC addon.

2 Likes

Psx emu image qually looks still horrible. Is there a better Solution for psx emulator? I want to manual select the internal render resolution like as is in the muppet64 emu, that looks so nice.

And where is the 3.3 Addon Version ?

I am planning on buying a N2 and I have 4 wireless xbox 360 controllers and the wireless windows usb hub, do these work with this addon?

For Addon version 3.2 (louncher) is the last. There is only 3.3 version for full install.

As far as I know the wireless adapter does not work with CE, but I am not 100% sure.

The PSX emulator does not have resolution options.

i know, this dosnt help me

i know but i want it ^^ It must be possible to add some filtering

The xbox 360 controllers with the wireless adapter from Microsoft should work. I have several, and will verify in the morning that this is still true.

2 Likes

@SincereHonda So I just attached the Xbox 360 wireless adapter paired the Xbox 360 controllers, and everything just worked.

1 Like

Fantastic, I have just ordered my N2, so it will probably arrive next week :slight_smile: hope I can playback all videos now, dunno about AV1 though

The N2 is able to software decode most 8bit 1080p AV1 files reasonably well, as long as they don’t have to high of a bit rate. This will probably improve a bit as the decoder software for the AV1 codec matures.

Cool I should have no regret getting that instead of the RP4 then which dont seem to have much working yet and the hardware seems bad compared to N2. AV1 would be more important for 4K but I suppose that needs hardware decoding support

ya, decoding AV1 at 4k would require having a hardware AV1 decoder. Which is something that no in production device has at the moment. There is also is not any devices that I’m aware of that will reach market in the immediate future either that has an AV1 hardware decoder.

Not to mention content that uses AV1 is in kinda short supply besides a few samples.

Year I just know I will end up having this device for many years and AV1 seems to be the next big thing

@shanti Thanks for building EmuELEC and spending your time on supporting it! :slight_smile:

Will there be another add-on version of EmuELEC at all or are you concentrating only on the full version from now on?

You got something wrong, I’m NOT building EmuELEC, but @shanti is. So all credits go to him and his effort !

Ah, damn it. Sorry for the mix-up!