Experiences with Chinese Box sellers

Poundland do an adapter, so whilst an inconvenience on this occasion, at least a cheap one to resolve with the least amount of stress.

Not really a serious issue. I insert a plastic raw plug into the earth pin and then the socket accepts a European plug.
This is safe because the adapters are double insulated.
Shoog

Geekbuying dont do UK plugs only adapters I have bought many boxes from them over the last 10 years and was why I stopped using them.Gearbest have a UK plug option and do indeed supply a UK plug

as an update, GeekBuying issued a $15 refund to cover cost of an adapter, which I had already purchased from Amazon anyway, already had a shaver one, but bought a fused one for extra safety being a chinese made power supply, however I was using the UK plug I had supplied with another box as same voltages/wattages.

@linuxlou, I avoided Gearbeast on basis of the amount of bad reviews and often security they require as I had with AliExpress and with a Chinese company, i’m not about to divulge such information, which is why I went to Geekbuying, paid a slightly higher price, which now evens out with the refund and was one of the options with EU shipped item.

I bought a Nexbox A95x (S905x) box back in 2016 from Gearbest, it was cheap cheerful and delivered on time as described.

I’ve just pulled the trigger on a Beelink GT King as I fancy a new toy, and can relegate the older box to my kids to mess about with.