Extracting .dtb file from a running Android OS

Go ahead :+1:

Wow, I never knew even an Android TV Box does come with unrooted (customized). Anyway, assuming for the worst case where the TV Box is not rooted, is there a better way to do this thing on a non-rooted Android TV Box?

If I can boot this TV Box with CE, don’t you think doing the above from a /dev/dtb of running CE will just grab the CE (not Android) dtb file? Unless they are identical, I am interested in getting and/or extracting a dtb file from a non-rooted Android TV Box.

Why would you need that?

I’d root it first :slight_smile:

Poida, I’m not sure how to pin the topic. Can’t seem to find a way.

Not sure what you mean, you don’t know how to open a new topic (or asking how to pin a topic that you’ve opened)

Making a new topic in the HowTo’s section would be the most ideal, that way everyone it is relevant to can find it easily.

How to pin a topic so that it remains on the 1st page of the category. Ie this one might be valuable as a pinned topic under How To.

Only moderators and admins can do this.

is creates 256kb DTB file
DTC gives error:
root@unraid-debian:/dtc# dtc -I dtb -O dts -f k5.dtb -o k5.dts
FATAL ERROR: Blob has incorrect magic number

It’s maybe gziped or encrypted.

i extracted the file and its not encrypted

k5.dtb (256 KB)

ohh nice i have to doo dtbSplit first then i have a 2 and a 4g dtb

It’s than Amlogic multidtb format.
You can use fdtget/fdtput on a CE device as they support this format.

Hello Guys, i’m facing an issue about a tv box with s922x, I’ve extracted the android dtb as commented above, but how can i convert to multidb format?

I tried to use the 256kb dtb exported from android, but it hasn’t booted the emuelec.

there is no root/dev/dtb in my rooted tvbox. Any other suggestions?

See DTB Images  |  Android Open Source Project

Try if it have another name: ls /dev/dt* if any hit