Guide For Mysql

Using the option in the shut down menu of coreelec kodi…

I’m no expert here. But if it were me the first thing I’d try would be to shut down, pull the usb stick and power on - just to check you can actually boot from nand. Then get back into coreelec and figure out why it’s not happening from there.

OK thought it was all sorted but no.

Its not getting updates from mysql. When the HTPC adds content and scans into mysql the coreelec box does not get this new content.

Likewise if we watch something on the coreelec box it doesn’t tick it off as watched on the HTPC via mysql.

Usually happens because you’re running different kodi versions on your HTPC and coreelec box, which means they’ll use different databases.

Yeah my HTPC is an older Kodi. Any fix other than updating my HTPC? I don’t want to start the database again.

No, they have to use the same database versions - which means either update the HTPC to leia or use libreelec (krypton, which I guess is what’s on the pc) on your box for a while (and drop the leia mysql database).

So if I update my HTPC, will I lose my database library

No. Your database is updated (which can take a while), everything is kept.
The only caveat here is that you’re already using leia on coreelec, so if you update your HTPC it will switch to the database your coreelec box is using (and I guess you’ll lose a few watch / resume marks and maybe have to scan for new content to add your most recent media). If that’s acceptable then you can just update; if it’s not you’ll have to power off your coreelec and drop the leia database on mysql before updating.