Has anyone ever tried installing on a BuzzTV box?

It’s a buzzTV XPL 3000, it has a s905x SoC. I tried installing ona sdcard, USB, but can’t figure out the boot sequence (plub in power cable while pressing reset , etc) to initiate install.

Any help will be much appreciated.

D.

When you burn the image, there will be a folder of device trees, try different ones. Renaming to dtb.img

Then hold the reset button in, while plugging in the power cable, wait a few seconds, 10-20 secs? then you should see something, then release the reset button

I tried a variation of that, it just got me into the boot loader. Does that mean I pressed reset too long?

No, there is no bootloader menu on Amlogic devices, that sounds like you have entered the Android recovery menu.

There is a few other methods listed here that you can try How to install CoreELEC.

Yeah you’re right. It’s the recovery menu. Which img do you think would be best for this box? [ CoreELEC-S905.arm-8.95.7-S905.img.gz? That one seems like the generic one. Or there’s the .tar one. What do think?

I think the S905 is closest, but you can only burn the img.gz the tar file is for updating

Ok thanks for the info. Where can I find the download links for the device trees. I see the list but no download links.

After you burn the image, you will see a folder called device trees. If the first one doesn’t work, just try another you do not have to burn the image each time

Please read the information in the link I pasted earlier as it contains the answers to the questions you have just asked!

I see what you mean. I just burned it, I see device tree folder. Yes! I should have read before asking!

Ok I tried all the device trees pertaining to my box (gxl_p212_2g) and I keep booting into android recovery menu. (using an SD card)

This happens when doing the method by holding the reset button and plugging it in.

Any ideas?

Try the other methods in the link above!

Sorry, not sure which one you should use, but as it’s so quick, you could try them all.

device tree is based on LAN & RAM

I haven’t burnt a new image for ages.

Hopefully someone else can help

Tried using the terminal emulator method. same thing. Reboots to recovery.

Did you try all recovery ‘trick’ methods mentioned?
Think that would be your best bet for this one.

Have you tried ALL of the device trees?

Hi
I have installed on BUZZ TV XRS-4500. No problem with USB card. Only remote BT-100 (Bluetooth ok but touch “OK” don"t work…)

Unplugged Power, just connect USB or micro card, use the reset button (6sec ±) and Corelec load.
I just put USB with Coreelec on USB 3.0 et other USB on USB 2.0.
Otherwise it is android which was launched at startup

And with Corelec, no sound problem with Kodi… I have DTS-HD, TRUE-HD etc. Not when i install KOdi on BUzz…

Hi All,

I want to use my trusty Minix Neo U1 elsewhere in the house and have been looking for a new box to run CoreElec. I came across the Buzz TV XRS4500 which has decent specs. I know I can run Kodi as an app from the Android interface but I really like using CoreElec as it gives the best performance.

Does anyone know if this box supports CoreElec? I did not see it listed in the download helper. The other box I was considering is the Minix Neo T5 which I know is fully supported.

Thanks in advance for any help

Thanks for the reply,

Which version did you download and which device tree did you use?

How does the XRS-4500 perform? I have been hearing good things about this box

It’s not me, ping @Micka07