HC4 CPU utilization

Have you compared the performance of the TVH versions ? It may not make a difference but its the main suggestion I have so not trying it means you can’t eliminate it as a possible cause. Fault finding has to be somewhat systematic.

I tried both 4.2 and 4.3 available in CE. and when I last time replied to you I rebooted it short after because I wasn’t sure why it hung and it didn’t come up. it’s stuck on the bootup CE image. I restarted twice plugging of the power and plugging it back. I removed the USB hub and still nothing. I can reach it over network using PUTTY, I can see TVH server started up. I can reach it over SMB, but it just won’t load to the skin GUI…
I’m doing nothing wrong I’m aware of. I have TVH server and client installed, I have Maria DB installed, AEON NOX Silvo, some small unrelated stuff, like opensubtitles, tubed, auto BT device changer, library autoupdate and watchdog, nothing big…
it’s starting to be little bit awkward, once it eats up 50+% of CPU, second time it hung on bootup screen… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Start by keeping it with estuary for a few days, also disable the BT audio changer. It’s been a while since it’s a CE default feature.

Regarding sundtek driver: you can update it to latest one from addon settings.

I assumed the one in CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.3-Matrix-Odroid_HC4 is the last one. but I did try that anyway already. and it said that it’s the latest one. I saw some debug logging in the sundtek addon configuration settings, if I’m right, I’ll try that and see.

Don’t mix up sundtek addon version and it’s driver version: this are 2 different things. Driver version inside addon is whatever was latest when addon was build. But addon itself can be few months old.

yes, as I said, I assumed that the latest sundtek driver is in the addon, as I downloaded the latest CE version. but to be sure I also tried to download latest version of sundtek driver from the addon options, and it said I have already the latest one. and I also checked the box to search for the latest driver during addon start.
but good to know. later I’ll check the debug logging, I think I saw it in the addon options. then I’ll see some more details on the reason of random BER, I hope.
EDIT: ok, I must had to mix that debug logging with some other addon. sundtek addon settings doesn’t contain any debug logging feature.

ok, I gave up. the HC4 won’t be all-in-one solution (nas, kodi, tv streaming). it will be purely ubuntu NAS and kodi headless. perhaps I’ll test docker based tvheadend there one day, if it works better.

Ubuntu can run TVheadend natively. I have been running TVheadend on a Debian server bare metal for over a year. It also runs Open Media Vault for NAS functions, SQUID for web proxy, piHole for adblocking and a backup server.

The issue I had with Docker is the web guides never quite worked as described, which means you absolutely have to be able to “program” docker to use it effectively. I had far more luck with everything on bare metal installs. For all its popularity Docker is appallingly badly documented and changes quite often.

Shoog

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.