HK1 doesn't boot from eMMC

Is not working, but probably if done something wrong.

I’ve executed fw_printenv just in case you could check if I’ve executed your commans right.

I copied file s905_autoscript to cfgload and add mentioned u-boot.ext file and it booted.

That u-boot.ext file shoud work with Batocera v34 and v35?

I’m asking that because this second method works when I boot Batocera v34 from an USB, but it doesn’t when I boot Batocera v35 from a SD. Does it makes any sense?

I was testing with batocera-s922x-gtkingpro-35-20220911.img.gz. Booting Batocera from USB and SD and it works in both cases.

I think u-boot.ext is universal for the device and doesn’t matter which image is booting.

I’m lost…

I’ve made two batocera v34 stable images following your instructions. One one a USB and the second one on a SD.

They both boot Batocera fine, but for the one from the SD to boot I have to press several times the reset button of the tv box.

And after I boot Batocera from the USB, Coreelec from eMMC boots fine, but when I boot Batocera from the SD, Coreelec doesn’t boot the next time…

In order to fix Coreelec booting from the eMMC, I have to boot Coreelec from a SD and after that Coreelec boots fine from the eMMC also.

Any idea?

No idea what is going on. I only did few tests and maybe I missed something. Booting other images is not really on todo list for CE :slight_smile:

I undestand that. Thanks a lot anyway :wink:

Maybe a compatibility problem with the u-boot.ext file?
Is there any where I could find the specific file for my tv box? HK1 S905X3 4GB RAM 1G Ethernet

I can only think off google: u-boot.ext HK1 S905X3 :frowning:

I’m sorry to bother again. But I’ve tried to flash the original FW of my tv box using the Amlogic burning tool, and the problem is that when I press the reset button and connect the USB to my laptop, insteed to be detected by the Amlogic burning software, the tv box boots Coreelec…

Is it possible that I’ve messed something on the boot enviroment when I executed your commands?

This should not happen because I didn’t touch anything critical.

1 Like

You are right, again.

I finally was able to install the original FW of my TV Box using the Amlogic burn in tool. Then I repeat al the process as you mention on your post. Just copy the u-boot.ext fand de cfgload. And everthing works fine now. I can boot batocera from my SD and USB, and later I can boot Coreelec from the eMMC.

Thanks!

Glad that you got it working :slight_smile:

Could you do me one test: Try to remove or rename file u-boot.ext and see if it boots Batocera?

Yes, I does :open_mouth:

And Coreelec boots fine also after that. So it seems that the solution is getting simplier… :smiley:

Just to duplicate the s905_autoscript and rename it as cfgload?

If you say it then it it’s true :slight_smile: And better to copy file and not rename.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.