Homatics Box R 4K Plus

You copied sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280.dtb as dtb.img?

is it possible to use the nokia remote within CE? If yes, what do I need to install?

and of course use general guide for setting the remote

1 Like

OK, thank you very much!

I just tested some DV movies and the box runs perfect so far with CE!

2 Likes

It’s probably worth mentioning (and probably obvious) that if like me you still like and use the old Microsoft mce remote and IR infrared receiver that they work absolutely fine with the Homatics

1 Like

Dear all Homatics/Dune/Rocktek R 4K Plus/Nokia 8010 users.

@vpeter was able to identify the reason about loading the DV module of the new firmware v11.8.5310 or newer. Also we were able to solve the freeze of CE when open a h265 media file.

But the reason what cause the DV module not be able to be loaded did break compatibility between the different Android versions.

This does mean tomorrow nightly 20230628 is the last update fully support h265 and DV for devices with firmware before v11.8.5310.

The next nightly update 20230629 will fully support h265 and DV for devices with firmware since v11.8.5310 and forward.

So do not update CE as long you did not upgrade Android firmware to ensure best support of all media types!

What will happen if CE is upgraded but Android not?

You will loose DV support and it will be displayed in HDR only. Downgrade CE or upgrade Android firmware fix this again.

7 Likes

Nice … Thanks a lot…
CE team rulez …

I never booted to android,

Only been using on Usb CE

New versions will they work older firmware ?

Ok so just update Android and keep updating CE there on…

Just checked and my Homatics isn’t showing the 11.8.5310 update as being available. I guess I’ll switch off CE auto updates.

it is downloaded and i clicked “no” on install
but it installed automatically after reboot.

how can i tell CE nightlys not to update automatically?

I’d agree, I think auto download of nightly should be disabled for now.

1 Like

You think nightly builds are only for Homatics? :slight_smile:

All users should be on 28/06 nightly. After that, users with current firmware from homatics (not beta) can go to CoreELEC settings and turn update to manual. You may receive notifications but that’s it.
We hope Homatics will launch OTA update soon. Rocktek users already have the update and for Nokia we don’t really know where they are. Being all the same SEI board they all should be updated in the coming days.
If anyone updates by mistake to future nightlies we’ll provide the link to 28/06 nightly.

So, is there currently a version of CE that works fine with android version newer than v11.8.5310, on Homatics boxes? Keeping DV playback and everything.
In other words - are there any drawbacks of updating android, together with CE?

Also, has anyone with a Dune box upgraded to new android? :slight_smile:

The changes will be in tomorrow’s nightly. You can update in the order you want. You may need to hold the reset button again after android update.

2 Likes

Thanks, by the way - I if you store changelogs for the nightlies somewhere, it would be cool to be able to see them in CE ui, for example with a separate button in the dialog where we choose whether to restart and update CE immediately.
Not everyone are reading the forums, I guess. Not saying that they are less responsible to know what they are installing on their devices, especially when they are using nighlies.

1 Like

Dune has not yet been updated. It is currently on fw 11.8.4674.

1 Like

We understand, this is temporary, if a user notices he has lost DV he will come here and we will supply the correct nightly. We hope everything will be solved in 2 weeks.

1 Like

Dune hasn’t been updated either. And clearly Homatics since the update isn’t available. So tbh it feels like the nightly is catering to those on Rocktek using your logic of singling out users……

Happy to go to manual on updates, just throwing out the facts :slight_smile:

1 Like

We decided to so this now because the update is close and we have to move on with other stuff. We don’t have a dozen devs to go back and forth with this stuff. As I said is temporary and we have a solution to both new and old firmware.

1 Like