Homatics Box R 4K Plus

@sebo, I don’t have permissions to message anyone privately. If you want to send me a link to your Google Drive or something then I can pop it on there.

To my knowledge you just need to place it into /storage/ on your CE install.

1 Like

Hi!

I just bought a Dune Box R 4k Plus. I want to use it with Plexkodiconnect addon and want to use Dolby Vision. If I’m correct, I have to use latest Nexus nightly for DV support and PKC support (PKC doesn’t support Kodi 21 yet).

Do I have to set Player led on DV settings oder is TV led (switch off?) the better choise?

https://i.ibb.co/cvYgtTm/1.png

https://i.ibb.co/rwzTkFp/2.png

A post was split to a new topic: Reboot to CoreELEC

Thanks, if the app simply sends a command to android, maybe it would be possible to change the command to shutdown? I don’t think there’s an easy way to shut down the box from android :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Homantics premier 4k pro

Hi!
Sebo

Due my member trust level Im unable to sent a PM link to you,

Could you upload the file here.

And sent the link here:

The link will expire in 6 days, i will notify you when you can remove the link here.

Thanks, Sebo

Here you go:

1 Like

Many thanks I have downloaded this now! Just need to testi it :slight_smile:

Hi!
I now have the file, but how i do copy it to the storage and where?
I removed the usb stick and copy the file root in there where is the devicetree file, but not luck.
Im using windows, do I somehow need to mount the ext filesystem in the usb stick?
it seems that coeelec shares the storage root as windows samba share but the root itself seems to be write only.

I would not like to mess with the embeded android system if possible.

What I should do?

Actually i maged copy the file and now core elec 21. beta 2 does not complain the file, but it also does not switch to DV mode when using DV/HDR hybrid material

How to debug?

So why you don’t connect the running CoreELEC with smb or sftp from your pc with total commander?

Thats old kernel, dolby vision will not work with that, in CE 21 ne beta nightly.
You need talk with Nokia for update the Atv version.

Hi!

Thanks for reply.

I just managed to upload the dovi.ko to root of the storage, via filezilla sftp and the kodi startup error went awat but as you mentioned it doesnt work. Should it work with CE20 stable version?

Should this dovi.ko file work with the CE20 stable version?

Br, Sebo

As far as I know DV works only since CE NE 20.3 nightly… No 20 stable.

But I don’t know it for sure…

Hi guys,

quick question - what’s better 8bit RGB or 12bit 4:2:2 for DoVi ?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

No tv support 12 bits, so just 8 bits

Mediainfo app on PC usually reports 10 bit for dolby vision files, so I use 10 bit, leaving the subsampling setting on auto.

Hey, quick question regarding an install on this device. I am attempting to install the v21 nightly on the Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K plus. The device boots to the CE installer, then it seems to hang on the step “resizing file system … /” (note the / style progress indicator is moving). As of writing, it’s been stuck there for about 30 minutes. Should it really be taking this long? The flash drive is a 256GB Sandisk. Any thoughts? Thanks!