Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Hm, so there’s no (longer any) problem with DTS HD MA after android update, right?

Hi CE Community and more specifically the Homatics Box R 4K Plus thread.

So like a few other in here are not happy with the overall temps of this unit. So much so I contacted Dune-HD to clarify my temp readings. (See email reply below). Which where 60°C to 70°C at idle after the unit had warmed up and the max temp I seen under load was 85°C.

It’s worth mentioning, I live in Brisbane Australia and its definitely not a cool climate. My unit is housed in my home entertainment unit (1.8m Ikea kitchen unit) where my UNRAID server is also housed. It is air cooled by 3x200mm fans for intake and 3 x 200mm fans on the outtake, the exchange of air within the cabinet is enough to cool my 9 x 3.5” hdd of my server but not my Dune-HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus box……lol.

So this is the email trail from Dune-HD

That’s ok but I’m not happy with the Overall temps of this box, It just cannot dissipate the heat correctly, It’s a mere 3mm clearance off whatever surface its placed on and the temperature of that surface itself is 50°C +.

SO, my mod here is a simple 1, without the need to modify the box itself voiding warranty etc. The unit just need help dissipating the heat. My temps are now respectful enough to put my mind at rest, my idle temps are now 50°C to 55°C and under load 60°C to 65°C.

Airflow now travels freely over the top and bottom of the box itself.

I know its not a huge difference but overall the box is so much cooler to touch and I now notice my CPU usage % is running a lot higher telling me its no longer being throttled.

Parts used:

USB fan - https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0C61YW5SX?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

PC Fan Joiners - Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com

Frame is 25mmx25mmx25mm 1.6mm wall Aluminium Channel.

Hope this helps others in the quest to regulate their temps on these HOT boxes.

1 Like

That’s a quite “in your face” solution :wink:

We do have some alternatives for this. klick

Maybe that topic can provide other welcome info as well?

1 Like

not in elec

1 Like

I have x96_x4 v1.3 and cut a hole in the top to fit a 4x4 cm fan into it.
Fan is internally connected to 5v and runs quiet, but sucks hot air out of the case sufficient enough.

Should be possible with homatics box too.
There should be around 2.5 mm space between plastic top and PCB.

1 Like

i have tried to use the homatics USB-C DVBS2 Tuner with CoreElec.
CE 21 Versions have massive USB Problems when the Tuner is connected.
The whole system get laggy.
ce 20.3 stable is ok.

But in none of the CE Versions can TVHeadend find the Tuner.
i think there are no drivers included

In Android the tuner is ok with the preinstalled live tv app.

Any Idea how to get this problem solved?

Will not be. Devs didn’t got any useful information about the tuner and the drivers.

oh, I see. Thanks for the Info.
I tried to find out via termux in Android what this usbc tuner device could be but wasn´t successful.

You can open it and see the chips

cxd2856 demodulator
r836 tuner DVB-T/T2/C, ISDB-T/C
av2018 tuner DVB-S/S2

And if I remember correctly this is not real USB device and only using connector to pass signals.

It basically works as internal tuner.

1 Like

Hi!

Just to confirm that if you have Nokia 8010 Box you may request ATV12 upgrade to be forced for your box.
From the confirmation message it took couple of days and I was able to upgrade it from the ATV “system menu”.

I downloaded Nexus 20.3 stable version and installed it, Dolby Vision worked out of the box,

Thans for your hard work!

1 Like

Thats interesting. Homatics has beta fw for the beta testers, but no user version of atv12. @sebo Whats your fw version?

How did you do that (reguest ATV12 upgrade) ?

Do you know of a simple way to send “reboot update” when in Android TV ?

I tried Reboot to libreelec app but it doesn’t work on this device. Also I can’t seem to find any Terminal emulator that works correctly. I ended using adb shell reboot update but it’s pretty annoying as it needs a PC.

What do you guys use ?

Try

1 Like

Thank you vpeter ! That’s exactly what I was looking for :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can also use remote ADB shell on your phone connected to the box via network.

I use AVR connected to the homatics. Sometimes there is a delay in turning on the receiver before the homatics turns on. If the homatics turns on before the receiver, the screen remains black, and I hear the sound of the Kodi buttons without a screen. What is the solution?

Use lastest CE-21 nightly.

Yesterday i tried to update CE from popup windows after logging on CE (as i did many time before), but nothing happen after almost 1 hour. Is there any issue with online update?