Homatics Box R 4K Plus

I guess you can look here for some keymap
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360250

Hi all,

I was able to get in to coreelec on my homatics box r 4k plus.

When playing either a blu ray remux mkv or 4k with dv mkv, the video pauses… file size ranges from 25 gb to 80+. I play these over my network, any idea what is causing this? Anyone else having this issue? I am using nfs shares on my synology nas.

edit : i am running coreelec off a sandisk cruzer glide 3.0 64gb

Thanks, I had already tried that, but it doesn’t work. Somehow the longpress actions are not recognized when playing a blu-ray with menu. When in Kodi, longpress works just fine (the Input key is mapped to Menu and when longpressed, Kodi opens the context menu as expected).

Few years back not all buttons worked in BR menus. Not sure what the situation is this days but I doubt it is much better because BR menus doesn’t have high priority in Kodi.

Today my Nokia 8010 arrived, have pulled the current image and problems, such as with the First Release (Network and so on).

Then I made a new Instalation with an release from 22.04 and it ran everything immediately, update made and all good.

It is indicated under hardware that I have a Rocktek G2 but I do not care.

A post was split to a new topic: Physical button execute script

I tried large MKVs, it plays fine.
The boot media doesn’t affect anything.
Make sure that the connection speed with your router\switch is 1gbit and not 100mbit.

connection is fine, i even put activated wifi and same issue. i can try a different port / restart the switch.

can you confim you are using homatics box 4 4k plus also wat dbd are you using?

We had now the chance to test Dune-HD device by ourselves. They mention FEL support for like R 4K Plus or Boxy. This only cover that the devices are able to play such profile 7 media. The truth is profile 7 is converted to profile 8.1 by keep the RPU.

This is a similar method like CoreELEC uses by the help of the tool libdovi.

The statement from Amlogic right now is FEL will not be supported at all. The limitation is the proprietary kernel module dovi.ko. So there is nothing we can do until Amlogic change their mind and release a module what is able to handle FEL.

We know they are able to as it works on “older” devices by using kernel 4.9.

1 Like

Using the SEI 280 DTB, and of course I’m using the homatics :slight_smile:

So when are you going to release dv for generic devices? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

?

It’s already available since a few weeks in ce-21 nightly…

Wow that’s a pretty crap attitude, especially since they supported it before on devices with kernel 4.9 :frowning:

I assume it has something to do with licensing, where only “official” blu-ray players are allowed to use the full enhancement layer. Because with the exception of that “hacked” Kodi version by monsoons that only works on two devices, the only other devices I have found to work with FEL support are blu-ray players like the Oppo 203 and clones and some Sony players.

Anyway, Dune HD is sort of “honest” about their Profile 7 FEL support on their website (although their wording is slightly misleading), because they state this:

Dune HD media center supports direct playback of Dolby Vision profile 7 FEL double-track and double-layer files. This is the most advanced Dolby Vision format. Dune HD media center plays video in this format using both tracks/layers. The important Dolby Vision information from the second track/layer (Dolby Vision RPU metadata) is transmitted to TV together with video data from the first track/layer.

So I guess they’re just doing the same as CoreELEC :slight_smile:

Dune supports dual track? CE is to support a single track.

My previous device (Ugoos AM6B) has promised the full DV playback in Android but it’s still very problematic. Because I have always preferred CE I still use it (without DV because AML decided to split kernel versions and leave older devices behind).

A week ago I decided to give AML another chance and bought this nice Homatics box because of DV support in CE, yay! Big respect and thanks to the CE team for all the work involved.

Now it seems that this nice new device also won’t get full DV support because of AML kernel module.
Why, AML? WHY are you doing this? I don’t get the way this company treats it’s customers…

No, Dune does also not support dual track, only “old” Amlogic systems with 4.9 kernel.
Dune APK player use same method we use to convert profile 7 to profile 8.1 with RPU.

Where is profile 7 used? On BluRay only?
To be honest, there is no need for FEL support as BluRay do have a copy protection so there should no MKV or similar exist at all. And there does no Amlogic device with internal BluRay disk player exist.

I guess, this fact will be the reason there is no FEL support at all. As from technical/licensing view there is no need.

that is your opinion and a loaded statement! and lets leave it at that.

converting to 8.1 with RPU for FEL in not good enough for some titles. if this box is not going to support dolby vision entirely, then it’s just a under powered over priced box!

not saying this is CoreELEC’s fault at all.

the GT-King is way faster, can install to EMMC, and is cheaper

very true

List of UHD bluray Fel.docx (18.1 KB)

I hava also the Ugoos Am6B plus with @monsoons kodi build and I clearly see the difference between Homatics and Ugoos in many movies from the attached list. Also I see the same difference between homatics and the sony x8002. Tv is a Panasonic oled JZ1500. So The Fel content is important for reproducing the true content of the movies authored with Fel especially if the Fel bitrate is from 5mb’s up.

I tought DV is only available for homatics and dune? Am I wrong?

You know of another box that support dolby vision?