Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Homatics device doesn’t have IR receiver.

If you have a Dune Homatics, they have an IR receiver.

See my post here

1 Like

Thank you frodo I have just ordered a flirc and will pick it up tomorrow. I will be happy to get this sorted. The Kodi side of coreelec is great but the homatic side is a bit of an arm wrestle. I just hope the IR operation is as good as the bluetooth. I have been very impressed with how snappy that is.

Shout out to all the problem solvers on this forum…you guys rock!!

First unpair the homatics remote from the android tv os , then program the flirc in the pc, use kodi remote, then pair in the android again. IR will in CoreElec use, BT will in ATV use.

A post was merged into an existing topic: CoreELEC 21.0-Omega_alpha1 Amlogic-ne Discussion

You make that sound sooo easy :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

What is the setup regards Booting mnd with the Homatics plus? I am guessing a USB drive with the Image written as I can see no SD Card slot. The reason I am asking is I ordered the Homatics Box R 4K Plus earlier today, realise it may not be here for at the most a couple of weeks, just trying to get all of my ducks in a row so to speak.

Thanks …

Yep, booting from a USB drive.

Thanks mnd

On 21. Dune HD is connected to receiver. Signal loss to TV when playing 4k content.

1080p works fine

Suggested settings?

Try to force 422 or 10 bit.

1 Like

Thanks. 4:2:2 gets it to work.

Also,to those who might find it handy, i had to enable Player-led DV for Dolby Vision to work.

1 Like

I’m using the Dune remote (in BT mode). The Direction up/down is the same as D-pad up/down.

I was really hoping to remap Channel up/down to Page up/down.

If used in IR mode, are they different buttons? Yes they are!

This thread is hugely confusing for someone looking at these boxes. Is the Dune or Homatics box better overall? Do they both do CEC ok?

CEC works great for me.
Both the Dune and Homatics are basically the same. Nokia and RockTek are also basically the same, same platform, different plastic case.
There are some differences in board revisions which are out of your control, but overall it seems that most of them work fine. The edge cases are being addressed.

Thanks, that’s awesome. I’ll go the Dune I’d say, once you go black……

Choose the one with the HW feature you prefer. IMO, ignore the DuneHD software…its pathetic.

Rocktech and Homatics offer a microsd card slot. Rocktech adds a bigger remote.

DuneHD has an IR sensor.

Anyone successful getting DSD to bitstream? (dsf files)

I’m on C21 alpha and it converts to 192 LPCM regardless of SACD add-on settings.

Its not a big deal, but it’d be nice to have all my files bitsream. Atmos and DTS tracks bitstream fine.

Flirc upgrade certainly fixed some issues but one problem persists and that is shutdown. If I use the shutdown button all I get is the Kodi power dropdown and choosing shutdown works but there is no way to restart other than by cycling power to the homatics box. If I choose to restart from nand ,and then operate power button, box shuts down and will restart but only in ATV. Still need to cycle power to boot to Kodi. Any tips?