Homatics Box R 4K Plus

The one I got now let CoreElec boot, with an extra USB storage stick placed in it. CoreElec USB must be placed in first port (under “10”). Used the USB3 port for this.

Edit: tested also some high bitrate UHD video with HD audio in it from that USB storage, it gave no problem at all.
61qTZK0Ov7L.AC_SL1500

1 Like

hi guys, has anyone have test homatics external tuner DVB-T2?
Especially in europe with DTT at 50hz DVB, the TV app output at HDMI 50hz?
Thanks.

Not detected, already tested that. So can’t be used at this point.

That’s unfortunately the most likely scenario. Same way NVIDIA did with the Shield.

First off, big thank you to all the devs, for this incredible progress with Dolby Vision and everything else you do. I have a few questions about this device.

• Does the included remote work in IR mode or Bluetooth? Does it need a separate IR receiver?
  • Is it S905X4-J or S905X4-K? What is the difference between J and K suffix?
  • What is Dune? App or another device brand? Is it needed for CoreELEC or Dolby Vision?
  • Says here that we need a display with Low Latency Dolby Vision? What is that? Does my Sony X900F support it?
  • Some posts here and on the website of this box mention it does not do passthrough for some audio codecs? Is that true? If so, why? Isn’t passthrough about what the receiver supports and not the device? My X96 Max Plus can passthrough everything. Does it support passthrough for TrueHD, Atmos, DTS:X, DTS-HD MA, DTS, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus?
  • What is the USB-C port on the back for? Can it be used instead of the DC power port?

Does the included remote work in IR mode or Bluetooth?

in Bluetooth

Does it need a separate IR receiver?

If you want to work in IR mode, but there is no IR receiver in the white Homatics

Is it S905X4-J or S905X4-K?

S905X4-K, * If I am not wrong

What is Dune? App or another device brand?

Another brand, “black Homatics” with IR receiver.

Says here that we need a display with Low Latency Dolby Vision? What is that? Does my Sony X900F support it?

Yes, it’s supported

Some posts here and on the website of this box mention it does not do passthrough for some audio codecs? Is that true? If so, why? Isn’t passthrough about what the receiver supports and not the device? My X96 Max Plus can passthrough everything. Does it support passthrough for TrueHD, Atmos, DTS:X, DTS-HD MA, DTS, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus?

All supported by CoreELEC

What is the USB-C port on the back for? Can it be used instead of the DC power port?

It is for the USB-C tuner, DVB-C, DVB-T

4 Likes

So would CoreELEC recommend I get the black Dune version or white Homatics version? I’m gonna be using CoreELEC anyways so I assume the benefits of the Dune HD app with Profile 7 support, dual layer iso/folder support etc are lost on me? What about the Nokia 8010? Bit cheaper for me.

Here is better table with differences: Homatics/Dune/Nokia/Rocktek Dolby Vision

2 Likes

If you want to use IR instead of Bluetooth (turning on and off with CEC), yes, choose the black one, but there is no other advantage over white because CoreELEC runs the same on both devices. The Dune app is shit compared to CoreELEC, practically everything works under CE that the box can play, Blu-ray iso, P7 converted to P8.1, etc., you don’t lose iso playback, because CE support that, just install the jre add-on from the CE repository.

Hi,
first: Thank you for your awesome work!

Does anyone else having issues with Audio Passthrough? DD/AC3 and DTS work fine, but Atmos with TrueHD core and DDPlus/EAC3 doesn’t work. My Denon AVR shows it receives PCM. On my Odroid N2+ those files work. In Settings → Audio → Audio-Passthrough I only have options for DD and DTS. DDPlus, TrueHD and DTS-HD are missing.

Make sure you have the right HDMI output device selected. Although I can’t currently test ANY of them, I see all the options available.

1 Like

Thank you! SPDIF was selected. That explains everything. Options are all available and working now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi
I have a Homatics Box R 4K Plus and coreelec on usb.Everything works fine but only until I turn off the device and then pull out of the socket.After subsequent switching on does not go through the output hdmi to tv sound.Only restart helps.I tried other usb,sd card via usb adapter and other inputs on tv,but the result is the same.Also tested from a clean installation.Please advise.Thanks

log
http://ix.io/4wvQ

dmesg
http://ix.io/4wvR

TV must be powered on, and on correct input while booting so the kernel can read the edid.

Thank you for the answer.I have a socket with a switch so that the box and TV start at the same time.I have had this in the past with other boxes and no problem.

Other boxes, other CE versions, other (boot) timings…
Similar topic, worth a try: Support for new revision of Tox3 in NE - #38 by Portisch

Ok I’ll take a look.Otherwise thanks for all the work to the whole team.

I tried entering this via SSH :
fw_setenv bootdelay [2] , but it doesn’t work.
Am I doing it right?

Why not copy/paste the terminal text so we can see what you actually type :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

CoreELEC (official): 21.0-Omega_nightly_20230509 (Amlogic-ne.aarch64)
Machine model: Dune/Homatics R 4K Plus
CoreELEC dt-id: sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280_id6
Amlogic dt-id: sc2_s905x4_ah212-id6

CoreELEC:~ # fw_setenv bootdelay [2]
CoreELEC:~ #