How to remove the automatic startup when power is on?

I regularly have some power outages recently and I have green screen when my device is restarting.
I think this is maybe because the device is starting before the television.

I would like to disable this autostart feature or maybe you have a better solution. :wink:

There are better experts around here than me but I don’t have this problem and all my CE devices automatically reboot every day with the TV turned off. Perhaps it is a problem with your television or it may also be a problem with the initial video configuration of your device, if this is your problem, execute the following commands from the SSH console at least once

fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p50hz
fw_setenv outputmode 1080p50hz

1 Like

I have the same issue with my LG. It’s TV related as the device can not read the EDID when the TV is powered off. There is no real solution for this. Maybe dump of disp_cap will help. Run this cmd once when CE is working normally:
cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap > /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap

I normally solve it by cut DC power of the device and boot it again when the TV is powered. I didn’t tried to dump the the disp_cap, but I will try it.

I will test it as soon as I am home. Thank you.
However, is there a way to not start automatically?

I know only VIMs with a special bootloader to be able to perform this. But for sure not for generic devices.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.