How to setup nfs-kernel-server?

The last number is number of threads. Change that from 1 to 8.

1 Like

Works! Now I will try to select the optimal combination of packet size and number of threads parameters, thanks!

However, changing the number of threads does not affect anything. Either this is a ā€œfakeā€, or it really does not affect the exchange rate.

1 Like

+1 from me for having it as an add-on. I agree with @Shoog about the complexity for the average user. Iā€™ve got there but only thanks to the write up from @vpeter and then some direct help. Itā€™s taken me a fair amount of time to come to terms with using terminal and I barely understand what the commands are doing but I can cut and paste them into the terminal.

Just my two penny worth. I completely understand it may never happen but it does transfer files faster than SMB!

I managed to be able to write on MacOS client by changing exports file flags on the server end.

/var/media/TOSHIBA\040EXT 10.0.0.4(rw,all_squash,insecure,no_subtree_check,anonuid=0,anongid=0)

This solution is working but all_squash gives full root permissions to the IP which is not very secure or ideal. Any suggestion?

When I couldnā€™t write into mounted NFS share I changed permissions of the exported folder on NFS server and change it to 777.

Thanks! Still getting prompted for password and then permission denied in Finder. I think it is because uid on CoreELEC is 0 for root and they donā€™t match.

I will google some more but for now my solution works

I just want to note that I wanted to mount several different directories, from different disk drives, and the examples I have seen in this topic do not work well (failure: the content of the first directory is repeated in the following ones). Since my interest is read-only access the following always works fine:

/opt/etc/exports file:

[dir_1] *(ro)
[dir_2] *(ro)
[dir_3] *(ro)

Trying this again to no success.

When I start my NFS server I get this error:

Starting NFS server
mount: mounting rpc_pipefs on /opt/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs failed: Device or resource busy
mount: mounting nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd failed: Device or resource busy
sh: write error: Device or resource busy

Any ideas ?

Shoog