Hyperion.NG, Amlogic improvements

ok - i started some movie remotely, few hours will work. I’ll wait 2-3 days and let you know.

All day - without any errors…

1 Like

Bad news… crash - the same…
http://ix.io/4hd3
http://ix.io/4hd4
Last version: CoreELEC (community): 19.5-Matrix_devel_20221129091038 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
:frowning:
About 4-5h of playing today.
On last version (from sunday 20221126214413) was ok…I will test on Sunday’s version a little longer. Maybe I was too quick to think it was okay.

Bad news :frowning:
Please run with this image, it include some more check and maybe it does not crash anymore.

@tomasiek

Ok - I will test and report in few days.

I’m still testing, no bugs so far, but let’s wait maybe a week.

I installed your last build about an hour after you posted it and I’ve been playing video (youtube and nfs files) as much as I can over the last two days, probably over 10 hours of playtime and I haven’t hit a crash yet!

I’ll post again after some more time has passed.

I appreciate the help!

1 Like

Ok - playing these 4 days:
~8h IPTV - daily,
~2h from Disney+ - daily,
~2x 1.5h movie from Netflix
~1 movie from plex - 3h

Each with the lights on. No errors, no problems.

1 Like

@beta

2 Likes

@Portisch: Thank you very much for your efforts. I highly appreciate your work and the work of the rest of the team!

1 Like

@Portisch - Ok, after a few days of really intensive testing, seeing everything, through all plugins, in different resolutions, formats, etc etc - everything works.
I really admire your knowledge and skills. You are great.
When can we expect this fix in night releases?

It’s already in newest CE-19 and CE-20 nightly.

Also 2.1.4 Hyperion.NG is now released already in CE repo @Lord-Grey

3 Likes

Forgive for my English. I bought a LED strip 2812b and Arduino. Install firmware to ARUDUINO. Install Hyperion NG on TV box with Coreelec 20 Ne. Amlogic S905X4. And I can not activate the video capture according to USB in hyperion ng. How to be?

No, you don’t need to enable USB video grabber. You need to enable your Arduino as like adalight LED hardware.

And enable the inbuilt video Amlogic grabber:

Here is more help:

1 Like

Hi, can someone update to the latest version? The repo has V2.0.14 available is V2.0.15 at Release Hyperion 2.0.15 · hyperion-project/hyperion.ng · GitHub

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I don’t know if it’s a coincidence - but today for the first time since those events there was a suspension again - unfortunately I don’t have the logs anymore. I will be watching.

Version V2.0.16 has been available for some time - could you please update it?

@Portisch any chance?

Any free time slot?

Sure, I understand. So I’m waiting patiently :slight_smile: (Can I find instructions somewhere on how to build this add-on myself - maybe I could help) Never mind - I already found it. I don’t currently have Ubuntu, but I will try to solve this issue.