Hyperion.NG, Amlogic improvements

it seems like flickering on pause is really gone. :star_struck:
Thank you!

where to download, to install manually

Install CE-19 nightly and update from repo

still using CoreELEC 9.2.7, is it possible to install new version on it?

Donā€™t think so because of python3.

Hello,
is it possible to do not shut LEDs when tv box go to sleep mode? When I turn my box to sleep, LEDs are blinks with background colour for a second, then shut off. How can I make them work in background mode when tv box sleeps and screen is off?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: first request to keep LEDs on when power offā€¦

And who control the LED when powered off?

There is an app for android called ā€œAmbient light Application for Androidā€, it works with adalight too. And there is an option for keeping lights on with selected colour when TV box is sleeping. Itā€™s a really cool feature, TV looks like a nightlight. I would love to use it with CE too.

You could change to use wled with a esp 8266. Then Hyperion would control the lights through WLAN. In wled you can configure actions and default lights. E.g. on disconnect show yellow.

Hi
Please update Hyperion.ng to Hyperion 2.0.0-alpha.11 when you get a chance
Thanks , I love this add-on

Iā€™m using Hyperion for playback using my 905x3 box and it works great. thank you for this. I wanted to know if coreelec supports video capture over usb? My idea was to get a HDMI splitter with usbb output so that the hyperion install on coreelec could serve my other sources as well. such as cable tv and PS5 and xbox. would this work?

1 Like

i am using an old Khadas Vim1 with Corelec for that.
Attached is a usb grabber and it works

great to hear thanks. I will go and order the hardware. Anyone try the rullz 4k 60hz one on aliexpress? thats the one i was looking at, thanks

After last update to v. 19.3.109 hyperion-remote gets error when try to connect:
REMOTE : Unable to connect to host (), port (19444)
In v. 19.3.108 everything works (even after dowgrade from 109 to 108)

Weā€™ll test it again.

1 Like

Hello,
on behalf of my developer friends I would like to ask for help regarding this issue.

https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=43593

The main question is: How did you get the grabbing to work with hyperion.ng?

Can you give us some tips about this?

Thx!

Ubuntu does not include the Amlogic Grabber. So you have a wrong place here.
Maybe the v4l grabber will work. Best go to Hyperion forum.

https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?p=339556&sid=393f9cd6f1b7ac1b2e9f2fabd4c54e63#p339556
I have seen this ā€œstrange colorsā€ on newer kernel and it is related to the Amlogic deinterlace driver.
But I have no idea if this is also implemented at this linux distro.

Also we do change the buffering about h265 & vp9:

And the issue is about h265 videos, isnā€™t it?

Hello,

I am the guy who opened the thread at odroid forum. I have implemented the amvideograb function into odroid 4.9 kernel (I even have a kernel running with all CoreElec media parts). However, the problem in the grabbing is as follows: I cannot grab a complete 4K picture, because I cannot allocate the required memory in one piece. There is one kernel parameter responsible for this (FORCE_MAX_ZONEORDER). It needs to be 13 in order to grab a full 4K picture. However, kernel does neither boot correctly nor do video functions work when changing the order.
I took a look at the CoreElec kernel. This leaves FORCE_MAX_ZONEORDER at the default (11) which is also not enough to grab a full 4K video. So my question is: how do you guys grab the full 4K content into a picture to be used with hyperion later on?
Any hints on that will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for reading this and eventually helping us.

I changed double_write_mode according to your script. However, this does not help.

Best regards
beta

Here is written 11 is for 4k. We never touched this value. We only change the double_write_buffer value for the hardware decoder. When you use the software decoder this will not help.

amvideocap is obsolete already in 3.14 and got hacked into 4.9 and will be maybe dropped in 5.4.

I have only a 1080p TV and grabbing of 4k content does work fine, let me check it next week when my new TV arrive :wink:

Thank you for your support, Portisch. Both, tobetter and myself we are ā€œquiteā€ sure that our kernel implementation is correct. However, we only can grab part of a 4K picture.
Could you please opint me to a github which hosts the hyperion.ng service you are using in CoreElec? Is it your github? This one seems to be 2 years oldā€¦
Thank you once again for supporting us.