Interesting DV

Highly unlikely, but it should work in Android I suppose.
I have a MINIX NEO U22-XJ and after it finishes loading Android, it switches the TV into DV mode.
I don’t know whether playing MKVs will work on it or not, it depends on the software just as much as the hardware support.

No, only in Android with modified ExoPlayer.

Anybody know how to patch ffmpeg and build coreelec so we can get Dolby vision.

Patches were taken from Plex

it’s not that easy :wink:

You need to patch ffmpeg, implement it in Kodi, implement the 32bit Dolby Vision kernel module into CoreELEC.

So before getting Dolby Vision included it is needed to port CoreELEC to 32bit kernel…

1 Like

Add support for Matroska DolbyVision by fandangos · Pull Request #18965 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/18965#issuecomment-755796326

Hi there!

Unfortunately I was not able to create a new topic (due to the fact I am a new reg on this forum), but on Kodi forums coule of unbelievable guys managed to build a Kodi v19 RC1 with full Dolby Vision support for MKV files. It is only for Android yet, however, only the FFMPEG needed to be changed (based on Plex’s implementation, as far as I am concerned)

Since I own an Ugoos AM6Plus and DV capable TV I was able to try it out, it works as a charm. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
This is the forum thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360018

My question is, since I have never built/compiled Coreelec in my life, do you guys think it is possible to make a nightly for DolbyVision based on this commit by Fandangos?
https://github.com/fandangos/Kodi-HDR-Edition/tree/updated-dv2

It could support S922X-J amlogic SoCs (Ugoos AM6Plus and maybe Minix Neo U22-UJ - if they are playing nicely with CE team so far, I know that Ugoos is)

I would be happy to help testing it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

When you used the forum search you would found DV is currently not available on CoreELEC.

1 Like

I did find that, but this commit makes it available. See what I mean? Only matter of FFPMEG code.

DV is currently only supported by 32bit Kernel. CoreELEC use aarch64. So there is no DV hardware decoder support (yet).

Oh now I understand, thank you for your answer!
(Now I feel stupid, the thing was posted 3 posts back, sorry :smiley: )

It would be amazing if this could be got to work. The Kodi19 DV build on Android is working fairly well with Ugoos AM6+/Minix U22 but getting it to work in COREelec would be far better.

Time to put a bounty on it.

I thought tonemapping was taking over for Dolby Vision files on CoreELEC, but it’s just a greenish mess.

Dolby Vision is everywhere now and I really hope to see something soon for CoreELEC. :wink:

1 Like

Please list/expand this “everywhere” which is not heavily DRM protected, and so unavailable on Arm devices that can use CoreElec.

Donate some Bitcoins :wink:

1 Like

I wanted to say that we are finding more and more of them and that it should not stop increasing.

You taking the bounty Ray?

It’s long time we are waiting for this to happen in Coreelec.

Ray the man for the job, I’m willing to put up some funds.

Is this even possible?

This is to know if I should return my Ugoos AM6 Plus or keep it.