[Solved] Is there a VPN Server for CoreELEC?

Greetings,

Is there a VPN Server for CoreELEC?
If so, how do I install it?
Do you have any documents?

Thank you from now.

Best regards…

There is a VPN Client Manager.

1 Like

Greetings,

This is the client, but does the server happen too?

Thanks for the answer…

Best regards…

Maybe you could look into Wireguard or consider a DD-WRT capable router?

1 Like

You may use OpenConnect VPN Server which is part of the Entware package.
what-is-entware-and-how-to-install-uninstall-it

1 Like

Is there a VPN Server for CoreELEC?

There are many VPN servers for CoreELEC, as far as I know, openvpn server and wireguard server are already integrated into CoreELEC, you just have to configure them.

You can also find other VPN servers in the entware repository and the docker repository. If you’ve never heard of entware and docker, look up information on this forum or on the internet.

The most complex part of the installation of a VPN server is the configuration, for this reason I have been using zerotier for a long time because the configuration is quite simple, it does not require users or passwords or encryption keys because they are already integrated, the VPN network interface is created automatically by the service and it only needs the establishment of routing rules on the zerotier network and forwarding rules on the CoreELEC appliance.

If so, how do I install it?

First you will have to decide which VPN server you want and then look for the requirements for the start-up.

Do you have any documents?

If you are curious about the zerotier network you can look on the internet or here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.