Khadas VIM3L (S905D3)

It does look competitively priced and when speeds tests against S905X2/3 and S912 are available it should show a clearer path.

The VIM3L should be 20-25% faster than older S905** SOCs in TV boxes.

Who know 40 pin gpio pinout? Support vtv board

Very nice decision for us, who not caring about CPU power, just wanting
-low heat
-low power consuption
-x264/x265 HW acc

devices! :slight_smile:

By the quick look only thing missing is passive heatsing (wondering how much is needed, when I see it in full package)ā€¦ I welcome GPIO for hyphotetical possibility connect IR TSOPā€¦ Price is good.

What SKU will be delivered for this pre-order? KON or NON? And in the SD Mode we can use SDR104? (for using Coreelec from the sd card)

I think Mainline claims are a result of overselling by Bables50 who is the main AML developer over at LE. Still a way off anything usable for the average JO.

Shoog

1 Like

Ok I am sold :slight_smile: I preordered some. Not need right now, but maybe after few years HDR would mean something to me. Crossfingers to the project.

Same with me, just pulled the trigger on a VIM3L. I have a Odroid-N2 already, very happy with it. Just want to test the VIM3L in a second room for fun :slight_smile:

They are sending them now. I am very curious about target ā€œshippingā€ price (customs, etc.)ā€¦

Will wait patiently for CE stable for this one. And also, when those hits my infrastructure, I would need bump all my C2 9.0.3ā€™s (rock solid) to whole new branch 4.9 (which scares me a bit), just because I am not sure if Kodi 18.3 / 18.4 are compatible on DB level. I heard something about new bugs in 18.4, so that also haunting me a littleā€¦

1 Like

One note:
For recovery mode (ie. booting from USB/SD) you must use keys method, after you flash Khadas Android Pie. .apk method for booting to recovery mode doesnt work here.

Booting from USB/SD doesnt work with stock CE on eMMC, you will get "boot= corrupted" message.

Reboot to Other OS option power menu added by SuperCeleron Android Pie ATV latest.
which works.(Debug Version)

Hi,

Are there any news around non-nightly builds for the VIM3L device?

NOTICE: Khadas VIM3L Users
If you have a Khadas VIM3L then please do not update your device with this update, a separate update will be made available as S905D3 is not supported in this update.

This notice is staying there foreverā€¦

Thanks!

The next stable release will be usable on VIM3L.

2 Likes

Hello,

I flashed the stabled version to a sd, but it wonĀ“t bootā€¦

I press power button and then reset shortly and wait 10 second power button pressed, nothing happensā€¦Ā“~

The generic image is what i flashed and put ont ht root the right device treeā€¦ What i am doing wrong?
ItĀ“s possible to boot from android for SD ?

I used this some time ago https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm

then type reboot update

Thank you . Which version you use of Coreelect ? On the devices tree only shows a311.dtb file, doesnĀ“t show the vim 3 L ā€¦

For vim3L you have to go with nightlies

But there is an advertising saying nightly wonĀ“t work

Where? Thereā€™s a warning in the stable 9.2.1 that says it wonā€™t work on VIM3L. If you download latest nightly youā€™ll see VIM3L in device_trees.